• 10(current)
Release Paramount+
kodi cant write to that location. you'll need to resolve that.
You must use kodis setup installer to install kodi. The version from MS store wont work.
(2024-01-25, 12:57)matthuisman Wrote: kodi cant write to that location. you'll need to resolve that.
You must use kodis setup installer to install kodi. The version from MS store wont work.

thanks for your reply but i have used kodi installer not ms ,, so i am rather confused why it wont work
Should the addon be marking shows as watched after they finish?   I always have to manually mark them as watched.   Is there some setting that controls this?
does kodi show every episode in that show as watched?
Kodi leaves the episode of any show in the plugin as unwatched, unless I manually mark it as watched after it finishes playing.  I"m just wondering if I should expect kodi to be automatically marking them as watched after I finish watching an episode (like it does in my regular library and in the other streaming plugins I use)
do you have "Sync with Paramount+" enabled in the settings?
If thats disabled - kodi should just do what it does for any other media
(2024-03-07, 22:20)matthuisman Wrote: do you have "Sync with Paramount+" enabled in the settings?
If thats disabled - kodi should just do what it does for any other media
I did have "Sync with Paramount+" enabled.  (which seemed a reasonable thing to do at the time).
I thought what that did was just tell paramount that I finished watching something...  evidently I misunderstood it's function.

After disabling it,  I do get shows auto-marked-as-watched when they finish playing.  It did forget all the episodes I had manually marked, but that's a small price to pay, I'm mostly concerned about keeping track where I left off in some of the daily shows.  So thanks, that clears things up and saves me the manual effort.

One other annoyance is, if I have watched *all* the episodes of a season, the list of seasons doesn't show the season entries as watched (in the parent list), and there's no option to manually mark a whole season as complete.  I do know some of the other streaming addons I use (Discovery+ comes to mind) does mark the season as complete.  But maybe the way the Paramount api works makes it impossible to tell until you actually enter the list.

Thanks.
when sync is enabled - it basically ignores kodis own internal tracking.
It also will grab the resume time from server when playing.
However, it doesnt (yet) set watched/unwatched statuses in the menus

i think only my HBO Max addon pulls in the server watched status when listing all episodes and then sets its own watched/unwatched status
But its quite a bit of working doing this behaviour.

Seasons would be the same, would need to check every episode in that season is watched i believe.
All depends on the API of the service. most of them dont show season watched status.
A bunch of api calls to calculate it for every season would slow down the interface as well.
Trade offs
I have been using this addon for a few months now, but I have found that after a couple of weeks, all the files disappear.
i.e. I can navigate around the folders, but when I open one there are no files inside. Just the double Dots (". .").
This issue is not limited to just this addon.  I have a number of streaming addons from different providers and all of them fail at the same time.

The first time it happened I did a LibreELEC Soft Reset which removed all the addons and I had to reload them.
This fixed the issue, for about two weeks when it all happened again.

Fairly obviously there is some downstream addon (Perhaps Wildvine?) that is common to all the streaming addons that is failing after a couple of weeks.

In Hardware terms I have an IceBox, which is sold by the IceTV company as a PVR.  IceTV provides an EPG that is used to manage recordings on compatible PVRs.
From what I understand, the IceBox is a NUC with LibreELEC/KODI software and a couple of IceTV addons that provide the communications with IceTV via the internet.
While IceTV provides support for the IceBox, it does not support any non-IceTV addons.

I know little about LibreELEC/Kodi versions the NUC is running.

Can someone suggest which Addon may be causing the problem, and whether there is a setting or fix that will get the offending addon working again?

Regards Tim.
That's unrelated to this add-on itself. Your best to start your own thread asking
Matt,

It is indirectly related.  The problem is that I have no idea of where to start, either from the Kodi perspective or from the forum's perspective.
Can you suggest where I should be looking?
Contact who sold you the box (ice tv) maybe. Not sure sorry
I really don't understand the complete lack of interest.  Am I breaking some forum rule or something? I feel like I am being a pain in the butt for some reason, but I don't know why.
I'm not being a jerk, I just suffer from ignorance. This is the first time I have used this forum.  I have a problem, and I am asking for a little help.
I actually don't even know how to go about starting a new thread. I can figure out how to reply to an existing thread, which is why I am here. I see a button for a new reply, but nothing for a new post.

IceTV do not support addons that aren't theirs and their addons are only related to controlling the recording of live television, not streaming.
Their response to questions on Addons that aren't theirs, is to refer users to the Kodi forum.

The reason I started here was that I happened to be using the Paramount+ addon when I noticed the missing content. 
I recall that when I added the Paramount+ addon it also loaded a few other things. Wildvine was one of them. I don't recall the others. 
When the issue happened on Paramount+ I had a look at the other streaming addons and they had the same problem.
I have noticed Wildvine gets a mention in all the other streaming apps I have loaded when I look at their settings, so perhaps that is where the problem lies.
I just don't know enough about how everything fits together.  Reinstalling Wildvine and restarting doesn't seem to do anything.
I also tried a search on Wildvine in the Kodi forum and I didn't find anything that helped. There doesn't seem to be a specific thread for it.
Is it even an addon? Who manages it? What does it actually do?

Perhaps the issue is something else. I am looking for some idea of where to start to fix the problem.

While the issue may not be directly related to the Paramount+ addon, it does effect how the Paramount+ addon works on my device. 
If there is another part of the Kodi forum I should be raising this issue, then please suggest what I should do. If you can tell me how to raise a new thread, that would help.

If I have to reset and spend a day reinstalling all the streaming addons every two weeks, then I will just have to give up on the idea of using any of the streaming addons.
It is just a pity when it looks like is should all work fine.

Please give me a little more than just "Try somewhere else, Sorry".

Regards

Tim
(2024-04-07, 19:22)Tim.C Wrote: I really don't understand the complete lack of interest.  Am I breaking some forum rule or something? I feel like I am being a pain in the butt for some reason, but I don't know why.
I'm not being a jerk, I just suffer from ignorance. This is the first time I have used this forum.  I have a problem, and I am asking for a little help.
I actually don't even know how to go about starting a new thread. I can figure out how to reply to an existing thread, which is why I am here. I see a button for a new reply, but nothing for a new post.

IceTV do not support addons that aren't theirs and their addons are only related to controlling the recording of live television, not streaming.
Their response to questions on Addons that aren't theirs, is to refer users to the Kodi forum.

The reason I started here was that I happened to be using the Paramount+ addon when I noticed the missing content. 
I recall that when I added the Paramount+ addon it also loaded a few other things. Wildvine was one of them. I don't recall the others. 
When the issue happened on Paramount+ I had a look at the other streaming addons and they had the same problem.
I have noticed Wildvine gets a mention in all the other streaming apps I have loaded when I look at their settings, so perhaps that is where the problem lies.
I just don't know enough about how everything fits together.  Reinstalling Wildvine and restarting doesn't seem to do anything.
I also tried a search on Wildvine in the Kodi forum and I didn't find anything that helped. There doesn't seem to be a specific thread for it.
Is it even an addon? Who manages it? What does it actually do?

Perhaps the issue is something else. I am looking for some idea of where to start to fix the problem.

While the issue may not be directly related to the Paramount+ addon, it does effect how the Paramount+ addon works on my device. 
If there is another part of the Kodi forum I should be raising this issue, then please suggest what I should do. If you can tell me how to raise a new thread, that would help.

If I have to reset and spend a day reinstalling all the streaming addons every two weeks, then I will just have to give up on the idea of using any of the streaming addons.
It is just a pity when it looks like is should all work fine.

Please give me a little more than just "Try somewhere else, Sorry".

Regards

Tim
Have you tried a fresh install of kodi and adding Paramount+ again?
Not quite that.  A soft reset and reload of the SlyGuy addons gets it working again, but two weeks or so later it stops.

A reload of Kodi is a little risky as the device would stop being the commercial PVR product I purchased.

As I have said in my earlier posts, the issue seems to be one of the downstream Addons like WildVine, as it affects non SlyGuy addons as well.
I just don't know where to start. I have reinstalled WildVine to no effect. I don't know what else would be common to the other streaming addons I use.

Is there another thread where I should be pursuing this.  I seem to have offended Mike for some reason.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paramount+0