• 3(current)
Release Paramount+
@matthuisman
I completely understand what you are saying. I tried to change the default subtitle language, but it didn't work...
Paramount Plus can select chapters, and obviously chapters cause glitches. For example, after playing and jumping to the second chapter, the glitch happens immediately.
But after the glitch occurs, even after manually switching the external subtitles. The subtitles are not displayed in the correct way.
HBO Max has a similar phenomenon, for example "The.Conjuring.The.Devil.Made.Me.Do.It", after I loaded the external subtitles. The subtitles may be displayed correctly, but the subtitle picklist shows that I have selected Portuguese - Breton subtitles.
I think these problems are a combination of Add-on, Kodi, and InputStream Adaptives. Maybe Add-on can try to avoid the problem.
The above problems should affect all subtitle languages.

I think the best way is to add the option add-on to remove all the official captions that come with it. See if the problem is alleviated, otherwise I think it has to do with InputStream Adaptive.
It has been found that audio tracks also affect subtitles, and switching tracks in some cases can cause problems with subtitles. The audio track that does not display properly under E-AC3 mount has no problem under AAC.
Oh yeh. That's known issue. Seems eac3 and AC3 both cause issues with buffering and it appears subs in multiple add-ons... Not sure the cause

Turn off eac3 and AC3 in the addon settings and then try your subs
@matthuisman
Disabling E-AC3\AC3 or manually selecting AAC tracks can alleviate but not completely avoid the problem.
For example, disabling E-AC3\AC3 and switching chapters will still cause subtitle problems. However, re-mounting with AAC can display normally, but using E-AC3 to mount the subtitles will change to other languages within 2-3 seconds.
Hopefully you can update Add-On to add an option to ignore all captions that come with it. I'm not sure if that would help alleviate the problem.
Thanks for all your help and work.
Are you using Kodi 18 or 19?
(2021-06-23, 21:15)matthuisman Wrote: I think you'll find iCarly doesn't play on windows though
1080p on Windows with iCarly (2021) & Android... Wait, 4K on is gone! I remember seeing infinite and iCarly in uhd with the add-on. Now I'm sad.
Update: On my end most of the live-action catalog is maxed at FHD and animated works can go to UHD.
You need to enable Widevine L1 device in addon settings
This setting is only available on Android devices.

Please try edit your posts instead of posting twice.
@matthuisman
Kodi 19.1 Releases\Nightlies ee96ef34|30dd6be9
I am currently using the latest Nightlies.

I noticed that the option name "Widevine L1 device" is blank in the plugin settings, just below Accessible Audio.

@27hectormanuel
However, with this blank option enabled, the iCarly (2021) and infinite 4K resolutions can be played back normally.
@matthuisman
settings.xml
<setting label="30028" type="bool" id="wv_secure" default="false" visible="system.platform.android"/>
Small errors,should be 30027.

The current subtitle problems caused by audio tracks and chapters seem to be closely related to inputstream.adaptive.
Add-ons set to hide all official subtitles might avoid the glitch of automatic switching of subtitle tracks.
@QianyuLi
the subs changing back to their default selection at each chapter seems to be an issue in Kodi itself...
I'll need to open a bug report

just pushed 0.1.0 that addes a new "Ignore Subtitles" setting.
it also fixes the L1 label
Give that a try
@matthuisman
L1 label has been fixed.
The problem is greatly alleviated by turning on the Ignore Subtitles option.
Thanks for your great work!
However, manually jumping chapters may still cause subtitle timeline errors. This issue only occurs with certain episodes and subtitles.

I will continue to test the issue, I think the option can be added to other add-on like HBO Max at the same time.
HBO Max has a similar subtitling problem, which should be related to Kodi. So maybe add the "Ignore Subtitles" option to all add-on to avoid it.
Are you able to test 18.9 and see if has same issues?
(2021-07-05, 08:03)matthuisman Wrote: Are you able to test 18.9 and see if has same issues?

Kodi 18.9 has the same or even worse problems. Within a few seconds the subtitles track automatically switches to other subtitles. The Ignore Subtitles option must be turned on.
@matthuisman

Any chance we could get Atmos support? A Quiet Place II has it, but unfortunately the Android TV app is DD+ only.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paramount+0