Textures.xpr file??
how do i create a textures.xpr file??

can i open a textures.xpr file?
(mysiskatten @ may 17 2004,14:40 Wrote:how do i create a textures.xpr file??

can i open a textures.xpr file?
first you have to have the xdk and visualstudio.net

then you download the source of "xbmctex" and compile it.
(sorry but you can't ask for a compiled version cause it uses the xbox xdk)

after you have xbmctex.exe you use it with the following command:
xbmctex -input "your skin dir\media" -output "your final dir\media"

as for opening an xpr file in other then xbmc i don't think there are any programs for that yet. and even if there was it wouldn't produce jpg,png,gif,etc files.

if you want the jpg,gif,etc files from the default xbmc skin you can get it from the cvs tree. (i won't type a howto on that though)

edit:
forgot to say that you don't need to make a texture.xpr file to view the skin in xbmc. if ther is no such file xbmc will look for the pictures instead.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
thx
(mysiskatten @ may 17 2004,17:58 Wrote:thx
i hope it helped Smile
(nickman @ may 17 2004,14:49 Wrote:[quote=mysiskatten,may 17 2004,14:40]
if you want the jpg,gif,etc files from the default xbmc skin you can get it from the cvs tree. (i won't type a howto on that though)
whats wrong with posting how to get cvs?

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=87054
(marker03 @ may 20 2004,02:19 Wrote:
(nickman @ may 17 2004,14:49 Wrote:[quote=mysiskatten,may 17 2004,14:40]
whats wrong with posting how to get cvs?

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=87054
it's nothing wrong with it. i just didn't feel like it. had better things to do.. Image

and besides there are already a "howto" do a checkout from the cvs in the forum done by frodo. Image
(nickman @ may 17 2004,14:49 Wrote:if you want the jpg,gif,etc files from the default xbmc skin you can get it from the cvs tree.
i ve found these files,but i need an pic of this bubble from "home" without any icons. anyone can help me please?  :bowdown:
(nickman @ may 17 2004,14:49 Wrote:as for opening an xpr file in other then xbmc i don't think there are any programs for that yet. and even if there was it wouldn't produce jpg,png,gif,etc files.
there's no tool for textures.xpr because it's a format i made up specifically for xbmc. it wouldn't be particularly hard to write an xpr to jpg/gif/png converter given the xbmctex source code. you can certainly get them back out, though there may be some quality loss from doing that (especially if you converted them to jpg).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(butcher @ june 18 2004,01:48 Wrote:
(nickman @ may 17 2004,14:49 Wrote:as for opening an xpr file in other then xbmc i don't think there are any programs for that yet. and even if there was it wouldn't produce jpg,png,gif,etc files.
there's no tool for textures.xpr because it's a format i made up specifically for xbmc. it wouldn't be particularly hard to write an xpr to jpg/gif/png converter given the xbmctex source code. you can certainly get them back out, though there may be some quality loss from doing that (especially if you converted them to jpg).
i stand corrected. i based my assumption on a post i think i read by you  Huh were (you) said an xpr -> raw would be possible.. but now i understand that (you) ment without qualityloss.. sorry  :d

edit: btw great to see some posts by you here butcher :thumbsup: we miss your updates :bowdown:
Wink 
(nickman @ may 17 2004,15:49 Wrote:if you want the jpg,gif,etc files from the default xbmc skin you can get it from the cvs tree. (i won't type a howto on that though)
i'm using "tortoisecvs" and has made a cvs checkout and everything is there and compiles perfect on my system.
but, it will not download the orginal jpg,gif,etc files from the "skins/mediacenter" folder.

i checked the skins/mediacenter folder+subfolders with webcvs and there is no pictures there except in:
xbmc/xbmc/skin/mediacenter/media/720p/home-topbar.png

so there is no files to use with the xbmctex tool.

am i missing something here or ?

i have compiled the "xbmctex" without problem and is using it from the build.bat without problem.
(i see that it creates an "textures.xpr" out of this single home-topbar.png file in he build folder so the tool is ok.

i saw that -ind had released a new cvs build on xbox-scene and they have the full textures.xpr file included (3.5mb) and
the question is: have they just copied it from an old cvs and included or has they xbmctex:ed it, and if so, where did they
get the source files to do it ?

br
mrzaz
(mrzaz @ june 20 2004,03:27 Wrote:
(nickman @ may 17 2004,15:49 Wrote:if you want the jpg,gif,etc files from the default xbmc skin you can get it from the cvs tree. (i won't type a howto on that though)
i'm using "tortoisecvs" and has made a cvs checkout and everything is there and compiles perfect on my system.
but, it will not download the orginal jpg,gif,etc files from the "skins/mediacenter" folder.

i checked the skins/mediacenter folder+subfolders with webcvs and there is no pictures there except in:
xbmc/xbmc/skin/mediacenter/media/720p/home-topbar.png

so there is no files to use with the xbmctex tool.

am i missing something here or ?

i have compiled the "xbmctex" without problem and is using it from the build.bat without problem.
(i see that it creates an "textures.xpr" out of this single home-topbar.png file in he build folder so the tool is ok.

i saw that -ind had released a new cvs build on xbox-scene and they have the full textures.xpr file included (3.5mb) and
the question is: have they just copied it from an old cvs and included or has they xbmctex:ed it, and if so, where did they
get the source files to do it ?

br
mrzaz
the mediacenter skin has been removed from the cvs due to copyright issues. search the forums for more info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Textures.xpr file??0