Questions on scrapers
I have a few questions regarding the scrapers.

1. When doing imdb lookups on movies, xbmc changes my previous thumbnail to the one from the scraper. Example, I have a folder MyMovie, which contains a folder.jpg. When scanning this folder the thumbnail is changed to the one found by the scraper. My question is, can this behavior be changed so that xbmc uses my thumbnails?

2. When doing scans to the music library, scanning .mp3 files, does xbmc use the id3 version 1 or version 2 tag? When I use the artists view, I get multiple entries for artist, such as 'bloodhound gang' and 'the bloodhound gang'. I have checked my tags and there are no such discrepancies in my id3 ver2 tags. Or am I missing something in how the scraper works? Are there any other tag fields being read into the artist (performing artist and such)?

3. Using the scraper for musicvideos seems to only work when you have a single folder containing multiple videos. My file structure looks like: MyMusicVideos/Foo Fighters - The Pretender/Foo Fighters - The Pretender.avi and so on, yet the scraper doesn't seem to pickup any hits on this. Question: should the scraper work for this kind of structure? (I would expect the recursive scan to pickup this, but strangely it doesn't).

Thank you for the best mediacenter frontend out there, love your work.
and
i can give some input on mp3 id tags. I have a large collection of mp3's
and im extremely into tagging everything correctly.
I use tag&rename to do the tagging. Sometimes however xbmc displays
same artists or albums two times with a minor variation. This is almost always due to some weird tagging on the files. So i have started to load
my collection into mediamonkey after i have used tag&rename. in Mediamonkey i can see that the same thing happens and can easily fix it.

If you got this issue you should load the album into media monkey to check. After i started to use both programs my mp3's is always correctly scanned to db in xbmc.

i think this happens because of some ghosting between idv1
,idv2and idv3 tags and the implementation of tag writing functions in different apps. seems like sometimes fragments from old tagging is still present.

So far this method is the only one i have found to be working correctly.
If you dont get this method working i would gladly help out more !
Ok thank you I will have try out my library in mediamonkey and see what happens. I use tag&rename as well and I can't spot any errors in there, so I suspect that something is wrong with my id3 ver1 tags.
yeah, though tag&rename is genius it doesent detect this stuff. Wink
1. Make sure you scan by foldername. folder.jpg belongs to the folder, not the file.

2. I suspect this is due to allmusic.com picking up the artist and we list it. I'm not sure though, so have to look into it. Please post a trac report if this is the case. If you didn't use allmusic.com to lookup album + artist info, then this is not at fault and it is your tags.

3. It should pick it up if you do recursive, but I believe the matching isn't particularly good with the mtv scraper.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

while we're at it... i have a collection that is perfectly tagged with albumcovers as folder.jpg and albumart embedded in the tags.

For me i dont want xbmc to use any scrappers at all because i know everything is ok. Is there i way to tell xbmc to not use any scrappers at all ? just do a clean import of idv3 tags only ?
This would speed up scanning and also remove any bugs from scrappers.
Settings->Music->Library. Just don't select the settings under there, and xbmc doesn't hit the web at all. It's off by default.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

just to clarify. if you dont enable "fetch album information on scan" and "fetch artist information on scan" tha scrapper is disabled ? even tough the option "default scrappers" is set to allmusic ? Maybe a little idea to "grey" out this option when you have disabled the twoothers mentioned above ? this way it's clear to the user that internet scrapper is disabled. as it looks now it seems that the allmusic scrapper still is active.
Good idea - please trac that request.

Thanks!

done deal
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4674
bad idea

the fact that automatic lookups are disabled does not mean manual ones are
Good point - will remove the trac'd request.

Cheers,
Jonathan

i can see that spiff, and didnt think about that. Anyhow the gui
doesent clearly state that you are changing options for automatic scans or the options for manuall lookups. Maybe somehow change the way options are ? (this is skin specific also i realize) Maybe one clear section for setup on automatical scans and one for manual lookups ?

Cause i would like an option to totally disable automatic lookups but still be able to controll manual lookups. well im open, what does other users think ?
maybe i should clarify more...
the options "fetch album information on scan" and "fetch artist information on scan"... to me this doesent say wheter you do an automatic scan or a manual scan on one album. its a scan to me anyway.

So if i disable those options xbmc doesent fetch allmusic when u use the "scan item to library" on a source but it fetch info from allmusic when
i select an album from the library ?
Thanks for the replies, I will double check that my tags are correct with mediamonkey, and then try to do another import of the files into xbmc. (I use allmusic.com for the lookups).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions on scrapers0