Dolby Vision playback Apple TV 4k
Does Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos works on Apple TV 4k or the newer model?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2021-07-11, 07:09)movie78 Wrote: Does Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos works on Apple TV 4k or the newer model?

Assuming you mean with Kodi, then no, nor HDR.  With Streaming on Netflix etc, YES!  Both the previous ATV and the 2021 version are basically the same in that regard. 

Infuse does both but is restricted to Dolby Vision Profile 5 but will do HDR.  I forget what MrMC does as I haven't used it in a while.  Only caveat with the Apple is that it does not do HD audio bitstreaming, rather it transcodes everything to LPCM

I very much prefer the ATV over the Shield (Pro) but both are excellent.  ATV is the only Apple I have, hate the iPad, love Android, every phone/tablet I (and the Mrs) have is Samsung.

Only caveat with the Apple is that it does not do HD audio bitstreaming, rather it transcodes everything to LPCM plus Atmos or you can select DD 5.1 but no Atmos.  Doesn't bother me at all but i do miss seeing seeing 'DTS TrueHD Master audio' on my receiver display.  The Shield has no such restrictions but I gotta say, audio has never been a big priority with me, as long as I get 5.1 in some form I'm happy.  Rumour is the HD bitstreaming restriction may change in the future, we'll see.
Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but does anybody know the reasons why Dolby vision and HDR are not supported in kodi on the apple TV 4K?
Using the apple media player sdk isn't implemented

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby Vision playback Apple TV 4k0