• 2(current)
WIP WinDash
(2021-07-16, 23:26)toyota12303 Wrote: @silverlqnce360 Thank you! I’m so glad you like it!

@jingletit Thank you so much!

The option to edit games/apps will come in an update soon - I plan on creating a context menu that you’ll be able to access when highlighting a game/app and you’ll be able to modify the title, cover, fanart, executable or remove it from your library.

I may even look in to adding the option to display the folder in file explorer and run the game as administrator as well.

2 & 3.
I’ve recently been playing around with the loading screen and the way it works but the changes I’ve made aren’t quite ready for release yet as it’s too buggy.

I’ve managed to get the service to recognise when the user is launching a game and it will display the loading screen up until the game has launched. It’ll then black out the screen while the game is running and fade in to the Home Screen once the game is closed.

It works really well for some games but is broken for others - for example, a game that uses a launcher like Ubisoft Connect will launch the process, close, launch Ubisoft Connect, and then relaunch again. This confuses WinDash and tricks it in to thinking it launched and closed.

I’ll figure something out eventually and will release a new loading screen once it’s stable and ready.

Thank you for your suggestions!

This is because amazing can't wait to see what updates are in the works. Just finished adding all my games which took quite a while as I had to make most of my icons square. Maybe we could start a collection of icons and maybe have the app automatically pick through them?
I am translating your program to make it more comfortable to use in my language. I will not distribute it on the Internet!
There is still a bug in the virtual keyboard that sometimes doesn't appear. But it's getting really good! Windows was supposed to have a native mode like this one, a "console mode".
Navigation sounds are not working for some reason. The launcher is very smooth tho. I'm sure there a lot of pending updates.
I don't want to be that guy but I'm not digging the new update on the tiles layout as we already have 2 other layouts that also slide like the switch. Is there away to have the old layout before the update?
@silverlance360 I might add in this feature in an update, I’m not sure when though or how well it’s going to work. I did originally add this in where it would get a full description, rating, similar titles and other stuff when importing all your games. This ended up taking too long, especially with large libraries and most of the time the server would block WinDash for making too many requests. 

I’ll create a game info screen and get it to only get information for the selected title when loading the window - this should hopefully solve the issue. Will test it out and see how well it works!

@CbS14 Yeah of course - if you do make changes yourself, I recommend either backing up what you’ve changed or switching off automatic updates completely in the settings. (When I release updates, files will be automatically overwritten.)

If you open up the file Includes_MainMenu.xml, where you’ve changed the labels in the content section, above that you’ll see item layout and focused layout. Inside there is an image with the texture color_white.png. Change it’s width and left position until it’s large enough and centred.

If you find the labels are too close together, increase the item layout and focused layout width until they have enough space. I’m not currently at my computer but if you get stuck, let me know and I’ll send you some screenshots of what needs changing.

@jingletit Thank you so much! Not really sure on how I could make it possible as there’s not really a way to get a program to recognise what the image is actually displaying. Only way would be to name all the images, place them in a specific folder and let it pick out the names that match the games, this might actually take more time to manage and sort rather than adding it in manually though.

There is already the option when importing games to automatically get the cover image and fanart which seems to work pretty well for most games I’ve tested it on. This feature will be constantly improved over time so I will try and make it as accurate as I can. 

@adas10 I will take a look in to it and see if I can work out a fix. I have also experienced this problem, I found that if you try to activate the on screen keyboard twice it will always activate on the second attempt. I have a feeling it may be something to do with Windows or the way that osk is called as I can replicate the same problem trying to activate it outside of WinDash and through command prompt. Will see what I can do!

@silverlance360 Navigation sounds are still a work in progress, they should work correctly for gamepads (I've only tested Xbox and not PS so cannot confirm). Keyboard navigation sounds have not been implimented yet but will soon!

@jingletit That's okay, neither am I to be honest! The tile layout is a layout that I'm currently working on and am not happy with yet - I've been trialing a lot of different layouts and designs but haven't found one I'm happy with so will be changing it again soon.

If you have any suggestions on what you think might work, let me know!
I quite liked the old tile design just before this update. Just the idea of seeing more games at once and not having the need to scroll more to get to my last game. Is there any way to revert back to that version?
@jingletit Have just released a small update to the tile layout so that the home screen uses the new design but the games, apps and uwp apps tabs are displayed as they were in the previous update.

The update will be applied automatically when you next start WinDash, you may need to reload for changes to take effect (can be done through the power menu).
Thank you so much I really appreciate all you have done with the software so far it really is becoming something amazing. I wanted to know if I could be cheeky for a second and ask if the selected icon for recently launched could use fan art images a bit like how the default layout does it?
@jingletit That's okay, I'm glad you're enjoying it! 

Will take a look at it and see how it looks and if it fits in with the rest of the design.

I have just released another small update, this will be applied automatically when you next start WinDash.

This update contains added personalization features that will be available in the settings. You can now:
*Enable/disable coloured tiles and select a colour from a list,
*Enable/disable overlays when using the coloured background and select an overlay from a list (see images),
*Ability to automatically set tile colour based off your Windows accent - if enabled, it will change automatically when you change your settings in Windows

These effects work throughout the whole of WinDash, tile colours are disabled for the horizontal layout as it doesn't fit the theme.

watch gallery
Not able to update don't know of it's a problem on my end?
I'm currently working on a PS5-ish menu for the horizontal layout.

Here's the progress

I plan on resizing the tiles as well, but I ran into a problem.

When I tried changing the height of both Games and Media tab where both texts got cut off when adjusting the "<top>" position.  But I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Also if you're wondering, I don't know if I plan on releasing or uploading this when I'm done since Toyota is the original creator so I might keep this version of WinDash to myself.
@jingletit Did it manage to update for you in the end? Have done some testing and it seems to all be updating okay.

@Vicerar That's awesome! That issue could be due to either the item/focusedlayout height or the list height. Try playing around with all of these values and it should fix it. 

I have just released another small update, this update contains a whole new layout available called ProjectX. This option is available in personalization settings - layouts. This layout is inspired from the Xbox Series X dashboard. 

This update will be applied automatically when you next start WinDash.

Here's a few screenshots of the new layout option, ProjectX.

watch gallery

If anyone ever has any issues with automatic updates and wants to do it manually, the latest update is always available from this link:
https://github.com/expaulore/WinDash/raw...update.zip

Downlaod the update.zip and extract it to your WinDash folder and overwrite the files.
Just uploaded another small update, this update contains a few new background overlays from the Xbox Series X dashboard.

watch gallery
No still can't update I've also tried reinstalling. sounds like it could be something on my end but i dunno
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WinDash0