• 3(current)
WIP WinDash
@jingletit I’ll take a look in to the code and see if I can spot anything that may cause it to fail for some people.

As I currently can’t replicate the problem, I’m not too sure - I’ll take a look in to it anyways.

You can manually download the latest update from this link: https://github.com/expaulore/WinDash/raw...update.zip

The latest version will always be available from that link, to install it:

*Extract the contents to your WinDash folder and overwrite the files.
(2021-07-22, 01:35)toyota12303 Wrote: @jingletit I’ll take a look in to the code and see if I can spot anything that may cause it to fail for some people.

As I currently can’t replicate the problem, I’m not too sure - I’ll take a look in to it anyways.

You can manually download the latest update from this link: https://github.com/expaulore/WinDash/raw...update.zip

Weird when I click that link it says "not found" I'll try clicking it on my phone and see what happens
(2021-07-22, 09:10)jingletit Wrote:
(2021-07-22, 01:35)toyota12303 Wrote: @jingletit I’ll take a look in to the code and see if I can spot anything that may cause it to fail for some people.

Weird when I click that link it says "not found" I'll try clicking it on my phone and see what happens

Strange the same thing happens on my phone. I will check if it happens on mobile data
(2021-07-22, 09:14)jingletit Wrote:
(2021-07-22, 09:10)jingletit Wrote:

Strange the same thing happens on my phone. I will check if it happens on mobile data
I got it to work by going to this link https://github.com/expaulore/WinDash/blo...update.zip but adding that to windash made all my games disappear
(2021-07-22, 09:20)jingletit Wrote:
(2021-07-22, 09:14)jingletit Wrote:
(2021-07-22, 09:10)jingletit Wrote: Weird when I click that link it says "not found" I'll try clicking it on my phone and see what happens

I got it to work by going to this link https://github.com/expaulore/WinDash/blo...update.zip but adding that to windash made all my games disappear
Loving the coloured tiles but I think an option to make them slightly transparent so we can see the wallpaper would be cool just like we have if the coloured tiles is off.
@toyota12303 Thank you very much! I just now got free and was able to change these lines. I have translated the new update and Project X. But there was a problem. How to make the distance between "Главная" and "Приложения"? https://ibb.co/3N4HxtN
(2021-07-12, 22:22)toyota12303 Wrote: Welcome to WinDash!

WinDash is a 10-foot user interface for Windows 10 & 11, designed to be used on your TV with a gamepad.

(Please note, this is not a theme for Kodi and so I'm not really sure if it fits the forum guidelines and should be posted here.
It will be ported over to Kodi eventually though, so I guess it is still a WIP skin but unreleased.)

The interface - at it's core, is a theme that runs on Kodi, wrapped around it is a set of services managed by WinDash. These constantly communicate with each other and the interface is designed to display/use information provided by the services.

The download contains a package of services and software created by me and Kodi which is required for the interface. This will not replace or interfere with your current install of Kodi.

watch gallery

watch gallery

watch gallery

What can WinDash do?
*Display your games, apps, UWP apps and Windows apps.
*Automatically imports/removes UWP and Windows apps and imports their icons. If you install an app from the Windows Store, it will automatically get added to WinDash, if you uninstall it, it will be removed from WinDash. Requires no input from the user.
*Add your games to the library using the library manager, set the artwork yourself or let WinDash automatically get it for you.
*Option to automatically manage your game library - this is experimental and is disabled by default, can be enabled via the settings.
*A constantly changing home screen based on your content and what you use, your most recently used app/game is displayed on the large tile, your other recently used content is displayed in order next to it. 
*Fully customizable interface, change the layout, themes, colours, wallpaper, can be automatically be set based on your Windows desktop.
*Plays ambient music while on the home screen, the user can customize this to whatever they want or disable it completely.
*Adds full controller support when launching any UWP or Windows app, also uses an on screen keyboard. (Only tested with a Xbox controller).
*Option to integrate with Steam, launch Steam from your library and WinDash and all it's services will close. Steam will launch in Big Picture Mode - once it's closed, WinDash will return.
*Automatically update in the background while starting up, no popups, no input required from the user. If you lose connection, start a game, open a media app or if your internet speed starts slowing down then updates will be paused and attempted another time.
*Option to automatically start with Windows when you sign in.

Installation instructions:
Make sure you are either running Windows 10 or 11 and a device that is compatible with Kodi.
Download WinDash, extract the .zip anywhere on your computer.
Run the setup.exe - MUST BE RAN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Click install, it will install to the correct folder in the background.
Be patient, WinDash will launch automatically once the core files are installed and will guide you through the rest of the setup.

Note:
WinDash will be installed to the root of your hard drive, normally C:\WinDash - this is required.
You can launch WinDash either by the shortcut on your desktop or automatically with Windows.
If you lose the shortcut, you can click on the "Launch WinDash.exe" located in C:\WinDash. Don't run any other executable, these are automatically managed by the core service.

Exiting WinDash:
Once WinDash has started, to exit - either press S on your keyboard or back on your controller to access the power options. Exiting will close any WinDash related service and return you to Windows.

Issues:
If you experience any issues with things not working, make sure you are running WinDash as administrator and no WinDash services have been removed/blocked by your antivirus.

Changing the ambient music: 
Ambient music can be enabled/disabled from the settings in WinDash, if you would like to change the music, open up "AmbientConfig.xml" located in WinDash and replace the AmbientFile value. THIS MUST BE A .WAV FILE.

Amient music config:
watch gallery

How the library works:
Inside of the WinDash folder, you will find the folders called: apps, games, uwpapps and winapps. 
UWPapps and Winapps are automatically managed by WinDash, this is done by scraping the "shell:AppsFolder" and sorting them in to categories.
Apps and games are normally managed by the user, there is an option to enable automatic game management but it isn't always 100% accurate.
Importing games automatically will scrape your "shell:AppsFolder", store the names and search the MobyGames database for matching results, if it finds your game on their database then it will import.
Your games/apps will be imported as folders inside of the correct library folder, it will then import an icon, fanart and create an app.py file. The app.py file is a python script and is what's called when launching the game/app. If you know a little python, you can customize this to do whatever you want it to do. For example, using an emulator and passing arguments to it to launch your game.

Inside the library files:
watch gallery

Importing artwork:
App artwork is automatically managed by WinDash, when importing a game you will need to provide a cover image and artwork. This can be automatically set by WinDash but isn't always 100% accurate. I recommend an cover photo of 500x500 and a background of 1920x1080.

How do I import Steam?
In the settings there is an option to add/remove Steam to your app library, adding Steam this way will force it to run in Big Picture Mode and will close WinDash until you exit Steam.

Importing steam:
watch gallery

How do I import games/apps? 
In your games & apps, you will find an option called manage. Inside here you can add/remove items to your library.

Library manager:
watch gallery

I have provided an early release version that is available below, updates will be applied automatically. If you have any questions or bugs you'd like to report - please let me know!

Credit: The interface was originally based off the beautiful GTV skin by @roidy, credits go to him for the awesome work.

Update problems?
If anyone ever has any issues with automatic updates and wants to do it manually, the latest update is always available from this link:
https://github.com/expaulore/WinDash/blo...update.zip

Downlaod the update.zip and extract it to your WinDash folder and overwrite the files.

DOWNLOAD
(Uploaded 12/7/21 at 11:44PM)

This is an incredible project with a beautiful UI and UX. Bravo!
@toyota12303 Thanks for the tip!

Here's another update on progress.

Again, not sure if I'm going to upload the final version of this, we'll see.
Loving the Project X theme...
Would it be possible to add background video as wallpaper. (I have got the series X background Waves Animation).

And why not give an option for Apps to have fanart and full Tile logos just as Games?

Also I figured out the no input sound bug. If your first input (when you install it) is keyboard then the sounds won't ever work. I reinstalled and used an XBOX controller at first and it works now even If I change to Keyboard now.

Thanks..
(2021-07-22, 16:33)Vicerar Wrote: @toyota12303 Thanks for the tip!

Here's another update on progress.

Again, not sure if I'm going to upload the final version of this, we'll see.

Looking great. I'd happily give it try. Should definitely release it when finished. 😄
@jingletit That's odd, did you backup your library folders when you originally reinstalled WinDash? 
Your game shortcuts are installed to WinDash\games, apps are in WinDash\apps, reinstalling replaces these folders.

Manually adding an update to WinDash only replaces the same files that are inside of the update.zip, it should never interfere with your library folders or anything like that so not sure what might have caused it.

I tested out WinDash on another PC and also managed to encounter a bug with autoupdate failing to install properly. After looking inside the code I found that WinDash would sometimes fail to launch autoupdate as administrator causing it to fail when overwriting files (Even after launching WinDash as administrator). Have released a new version of WinDash that should hopefully solve this issue, will post more information in the next post.

@jingletit Yeah sure, I will add in an option in a future update so that people can manually change the transparency percentage themselves. I would set it to automatically be transparent but I found that it can sometimes conflict with some brighter backgrounds and make tiles more difficult to see from a distance.

@CbS14 Where you've changed the labels on that list, above you'll see the itemlayout and focusedlayout groups, increase the width of them both to space them out.

@Zazamastro Thank you so much!

@silverlance360 Thank you! Yeah sure, have just released an update that adds an option for this in the personalization settings. You can now select any video as your background and it will automatically loop and stop playing when not on the home screen. Would you be able to send me a copy of the series X background please? Would love to use it!

Will add in an option for this in an update soon so that people can choose to manually select logos or automatically select them based off the application icon.

Ahh, glad it's working okay now. Will take a look in to it and see if I can find out what might have caused the bug.
I have just released a new version of WinDash, V1. 

This update features small tweaks to the core services and autoupdate. Because autoupdate needs to be updated, it cannot be completed automatically like usual. 

If you are new to WinDash, you can install WinDash V1 from the link in the first post.

If you already have WinDash installed, you do not need to reinstall - you can download a patch that I'll link below.

To install the new update, simply extract the contents of the PATCH.zip to your WinDash folder, overwriting any files.

PATCH.ZIP
I made the mistake once of not backing up my games that I wasn't willing to make that mistake again haha. I still wasn't able to update after installing the patch so I just updated manually. I've also noticed I can no longer remove UWP is this normal?
Also just noticed with video wallpapers if I leave them on for a little bit they'll show what looks like a buffering wheel.
@toyota12303 Thanks You Very Much!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WinDash0