Best Skin for Widescreen SD TV?
Hello all. I have been using XBMC on my original Microsoft Xbox for a few weeks. It is awsome, so good job there.

I am looking to spice up its appearence a little though with a nice skin. What would you suggest for a standard definition widescreen (16:9) TV?

Many thanks.
focus, imho... very crisp on my sd 16x9. or basics-vision, supports 16x9 also.
many people say Project Mayhem III is about the best useability you can get for standard definition
I say try them all out. Loads of people could post what skin they suggest for you, but it is all a matter of opinion based on the kind of visual styles one likes and what they use XBMC for. Just try them out and use the one you like the best.
I know that people are reporting that Aeon and MediaStream are currently not suited for standard-definition (480i/480p/576i/576p), as right now they are only designed for high-definition (720p/1080i/1080p).

Personally I loved Project Mayhem III when I had a 28-inch standard-definition widescreen CRT TV, ...now I have a 42-inch 720p widescreen LCD TV and Project Mayhem III is still my favorite skin (however not because of its looks, but for how intuitive it is to use).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:I know that people are reporting that Aeon and MediaStream are currently not suited for standard-definition (480i/480p/576i/576p), as right now they are only designed for high-definition (720p/1080i/1080p).

Personally I loved Project Mayhem III when I had a 28-inch standard-definition widescreen CRT TV, ...now I have a 42-inch 720p widescreen LCD TV and Project Mayhem III is still my favorite skin (however not because of its looks, but for how intuitive it is to use).

Thanks for all the responses guys. Is 'Project Mayhem III' the default skin?
In terms of funcionality, PMIII is one of the best for SD tv's, but the lacking of a dedicated TVShows botton is a major fault in PMIII.

Atm, the best 16:9 skin for SD tv's is Focus, imo, it's really great if you use Library and File modes.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
getfirefox Wrote:Is 'Project Mayhem III' the default skin?
Yes, Project Mayhem III (a.k.a. PM3) is the default skin.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
On my 28" SDTV ver0.88 of Mediastream looks fantastic. Especially now it has the addition of the Massive fonts set - everything is readable.
xbs08 Wrote:In terms of funcionality, PMIII is one of the best for SD tv's, but the lacking of a dedicated TVShows botton is a major fault in PMIII.

Atm, the best 16:9 skin for SD tv's is Focus, imo, it's really great if you use Library and File modes.

Having a dedicated TV show button in home is just a trick all it is is a shortcut to the video library TV node Its not like its anything fancy or even a new window its just the video library. And since still a lot of people don't like using the library having a button on the home of the default skin would be not good.

I know I just sounded defensive there and it wasn't your intent to say its bad Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Skin for Widescreen SD TV?0