MediaStream v0.88 Released
marlboroman1 Wrote:I to found the font size some what less than massive. I think you need to look at the font size in PM3 as it was developed before Extra large screens were common place. To get a good feel of what is needed for screen under 32inch Focus is the only modern skin that's got this right up to now.

The "massive font" was definitely bigger but could do with being increased by at least 50% to make easily readable on my 22inch set. The stylized font is probably contributing to the legibility problems, the main area that needs looking at is media description's

thanks for crating this skin and sorry for bitching its only because I'd like to be able to use it

+1
Massive font are better but not enough.. i use PM3 without any probleme to read it for year..on a normal 3éinch tv (normal = not LCD)
I LOVE your skin but some font are really small to read them correctly. can you please make a font pack like the PM3 one, idont know it's perhaps stupid to ask this... but really i like your skin and want to keep it.. but it's hard to read.. too small.. better with massive font but not enough... perhaps it's the font style and not the size.. i dont know..

keep on, it's a good work guys.

Scool
Xbox - Xbmc4Xbox
Atv2 - XBMC V12
G-Box Midnight - XBMC V12
Raspbery Pi 512 - RaspBmc - Xbmc V12
Raspbery Pi 512 - Xbian - Xbmc V12
I love XBMC Since XBMP !! so it's a long long story....
If non 4:3 users think that fonts are too small then please post screenshots of the areas where the fonts are too small for you. (4:3 is being developed currently and the font sizing will be slightly different to the standard 720p sizing).

As I've mentioned on a few occasions I can't just increase font sizes across the board as there are a number of areas where increasing font sizes would need design decisions and compromises as the text just wouldn't fit in. I need pointing towards specific areas and screenshots (or very detailed descriptions) will give me something to work from and will also help me understand where the font sizes aren't sufficient.
The listitem.rating issue is fixed in SVN.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks JM
Why are ppl complaing about the font? Even on my 54" hdtv it looks fine.
scarfa Wrote:Why are ppl complaing about the font? Even on my 54" hdtv it looks fine.

Because different TV sets look different from each other. A 54" 1080p or 720p set will display text perfectly, but a 1080i set will make it a little fuzzy. As a result, those of us with 1080i sets enjoy skins that have a "OMG that's HUGE" (that's what she said?) option. I personally think the Massive font solves the issue pretty well, but my TV might be calibrated better than some other people's.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:If non 4:3 users think that fonts are too small then please post screenshots of the areas where the fonts are too small for you. (4:3 is being developed currently and the font sizing will be slightly different to the standard 720p sizing).

As I've mentioned on a few occasions I can't just increase font sizes across the board as there are a number of areas where increasing font sizes would need design decisions and compromises as the text just wouldn't fit in. I need pointing towards specific areas and screenshots (or very detailed descriptions) will give me something to work from and will also help me understand where the font sizes aren't sufficient.

i'll make you screenshot of the zone where fonts needs to be bigger or style changed...thx !!
Xbox - Xbmc4Xbox
Atv2 - XBMC V12
scarfa Wrote:Why are ppl complaing about the font? Even on my 54" hdtv it looks fine.

because we use 32" 16/9 (or less) and not LCD perhaps.... and that PM3 is fully ok about fonts. for me Mediastream is better than PM3 i want to keep it.. but for this i need to read correctly all text.. than not the case for the momment...
Xbox - Xbmc4Xbox
Atv2 - XBMC V12
I have had MediaStream install for a while and recently tried to update to the new one. For some reason when I move the folder into my /skin folder it shows up fine in the folder but I don't see it in XBMC. I don't understand why. Is anyone out having this issue? I use the PPA install of XBMC and have SVN 15111.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.88 Released1