how are colors defined for text?
how do i define colors for fex text in the xml files for a skin?

i'm used to the 6-digit syntax used in html-design but what is the 8-digit syntax used in xbmc skins?

i use photoshop to preview 6-digit colors and i'm wondering where i could preview the 8-digit colors?

/floink
the first 2 are always ff, for the last 6 you can use your photoshop digits.
the first 2 define the alpha (transparency) of the color
so its aarrggbb

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
(frodo @ nov. 15 2003,15:06 Wrote:the first 2 define the alpha (transparency) of the color
so its aarrggbb
ok thats really cool =)
would that then easily translate to;

ff as in white being 100% opaque and
00 as in black being 100% transparent?

is this technique borrowed from somewhere else or is it a xbmc-coders invention? it is pretty obvious when u know it.

/floink
i made this cause i dont have the time to make a full-fledge skinner for anything nowadays.  i still skin, but time is limited.

so i took a shortcut for the hardest thing to get any other way... aarrggbb colors.

*requires .net framework... sorry, im not c/c++ coder.

click the image to get it.Image

might make color picking a little easer Smile

Quote:is this technique borrowed from somewhere else or is it a xbmc-coders invention? it is pretty obvious when u know it.

i havent messed with nexgen, but seeing its an xbox app.. it probably uses the same format... evox, mxm, xbmp.. all use it.
cool.
makes changing colors faster.
thanx for sharing koldfuzion  Smile

question: the 0x in the beginning of the color definition in your app are not to be included in the xml-files right?
no its not.

i updated the file to provide two textboxes, 1 for the original way and 1 for the xbmc way.

clicking in either box will automatically copy the text to the clipboard for pasting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how are colors defined for text?0