[matroska,webm] File ended prematurely
Hello 

Whenever i try to watch a Video from my Plex Server i get this Debug error 
cant seem to find any information on how to fix this 
Edit , it seems to be an Issue on Windows. my RASPI4 on Libreelec seems to play the same file from the server without issues

heres a debug log 
https://paste.kodi.tv/ujohufafuv.kodi
(2021-08-29, 14:56)Kaloyan Wrote:
(2021-08-24, 15:19)mufflon12 Wrote: Hello 

Whenever i try to watch a Video from my Plex Server i get this Debug error 
cant seem to find any information on how to fix this 
Edit , it seems to be an Issue on Windows. my RASPI4 on Libreelec seems to play the same file from the server without issues

heres a debug log 
https://paste.kodi.tv/ujohufafuv.kodi
I started getting the exact same issues around the same time. And seems like issue is only on Kodi on Windows 10 my other devices are not experiencing this.

Can confirm its an Windows Kodi issue , i ended up installing an Kubuntu Dualboot with Kodi on my HTPC cause linux seems to run fine on the exact same Hardware
Not sure if this issue is related to others in this thread, but it appears the log provided contains add-ons and repositories that are in contravention to our Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) policy and as such we can offer no support. I suggest it's quite unusual to have Kodi stop playing mid stream as reported in these forums, and the suspect 3rd party scripts and add-ons are in play. Perhaps Plex forums can cast some light.

[Mod Edit]

After some dissuasion it appears the plugin.video.osmosis stuck out after I saw "Dr. House\s8e19.strm" and searched the add-on to find it pointed to banned sites; I assumed it was banned. Looking at the web stuff on this add-on (is RD efficient), The Pixar icon led me to suspect this add-on doesn't have permissions. I did download it directly from the authors repo, atm will let other continue with this discussion. As I'm unfamiliar with this add-on and it's operation, and I would be uncertain of it's effect with regard to this problem, but still suspect that one of the 3rd party scripts is at the root of the issue.

Please note my signature link for 'caution add-ons you install'.
(2021-08-29, 21:23)PatK Wrote: Not sure if this issue is related to others in this thread, but it appears the log provided contains add-ons and repositories that are in contravention to our Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) policy and as such we can offer no support. I suggest it's quite unusual to have Kodi stop playing mid stream as reported in these forums, and the suspect 3rd party scripts and add-ons are in play. Perhaps Plex forums can cast some light.

[Mod Edit]

After some dissuasion it appears the plugin.video.osmosis stuck out after I saw "Dr. House\s8e19.strm" and searched the add-on to find it pointed to banned sites; I assumed it was banned. Looking at the web stuff on this add-on (is RD efficient), The Pixar icon led me to suspect this add-on doesn't have permissions. I did download it directly from the authors repo, atm will let other continue with this discussion. As I'm unfamiliar with this add-on and it's operation, and I would be uncertain of it's effect with regard to this problem, but still suspect that one of the 3rd party scripts is at the root of the issue.

Please note my signature link for 'caution add-ons you install'.
im not sure why osmosis is a banned addon , it doesnt do anythin illigeal , it is just adding strm files to your Library ?
Even tho its not an issue related to that addon, i get the same issues playing the stream directly with the Plex app or Composite app on a fresh install without that addon
@mufflon12 - Osmosis itself isn't banned, but from looking around the internet, most of the sources for it are banned addon (wiki) repos as it does tend to get used with some of the more dodgy streaming sites. That isn't the case here for the OP, so support is OK with it in place.

The other poster in the thread is an example thereof perhaps...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Looks like no one has an idea whats causing that issue  ?
what an awesome support here , instead of looking at the problem youre just starting a weird disguss about an total legit addon and then dont reply for month
(2021-08-30, 07:43)mufflon12 Wrote: still suspect that one of the 3rd party scripts is at the root of the issue.
Looking over this thread, I'll suggest that stopping mid play is usually associated with streaming add-ons with the mention of a Plex server in this mix, the issue takes on multi-dimensions. Given that you still keep this thread up, suggests there is interest in a solve. Suggest we prove out their is no issue with hardware, operating system or Kodi installation by using a Portable mode (wiki) installation, stable version, with default skin, local source (one video will do) and let's check out the functionality of Kodi. Should we have good response, the next step would be to bring online a specific add-on (to preclude any issues with the add-on, faltering here would indicate an issue with the 3rd party add-on); at this point success would allow us to bring into play your network sources and perhaps issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[matroska,webm] File ended prematurely0