Make the showcase view default and sticky
Is it possible to make the showcase view default for movies and tv-series. And make the showcase view sticky (so it will be "impossible" to change view to another view)?

My guess would be editing the AdvancedSettings file. But I'm not sure what to put in there.

Thanks for helping me.
markiz Wrote:Is it possible to make the showcase view default for movies and tv-series. And make the showcase view sticky (so it will be "impossible" to change view to another view)?

My guess would be editing the AdvancedSettings file. But I'm not sure what to put in there.

Thanks for helping me.

Haven't had a look yet, but I'd say it's more a case of what to take out. You could remove all other views, leaving only showcase. Not ideal.

May I ask why you wish to do this?

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I'm modding a xbox for a friend. I want to keep things as simple as possible. My experience tells me that some novice people change views by accident. And then they don't know how to come back.

Do you know what to put in the AdvancedSettings.xml?
markiz Wrote:I'm modding a xbox for a friend. I want to keep things as simple as possible. My experience tells me that some novice people change views by accident. And then they don't know how to come back.

Do you know what to put in the AdvancedSettings.xml?

No, I don't sorry. I'll have a look when I get a chance and let you know.

There was talk around here of a 'kiosk' mode, I'd suggest chasing that.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
you can edit the views you have available on the onscreen menu. just uncheck everything but showcase and you are good to go.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make the showcase view default and sticky0