• 11(current)
2021 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max
(2024-01-17, 05:33)HomerJau Wrote: There is info in this thread that confirms the 2nd Gen Firestick TV 4K Max can do TrueHD Atmos Passthrough and DTS-HDMA Passthrough with Kodi v21 Omega. I did not test Kodi v20.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/...ost-747593

The Dolby Atmos channel order is sides before rears. If Atmos is decoded by an AVR (or other official Atmos decoder) the channel order is correct. I suspect when Kodi decodes the Atmos core it does not switch the channel order correctly, but I haven’t tested that since I decode with AVRs.

BTW: The files I provide to configure Kodi in the that thread is only for a new FTV as it copies add-ons and the add-on database which will overwrite any preexisting installation.

Do other 7.1 formats decode correctly to PCM in Kodi - is it just True HD and or DD+ with Atmos that doesn't (Atmos itself not being a codec - more an extension to other codecs?) ?  

Another explanation for channel swapping could be that somewhere in Kodi or Fire OS the HDMI PCM channel ordering is wrong?
@noggin I will test and confirm later today.

I have a set of Atmos channel identification files and will on my 7.1.4 system using Kodi to decode the core 7.1 stream.

My test platforms: Omega LibreElec nightly (Intel NUC) and KodiNerds Omega 12 Jan (FireTV 4K Max)
Spatial audio isn't quite the same as 7:1 though.  Do true 7:1 samples output correctly?
EDIT:  All solved by changing to latest Kodi v21 Android nightly (18 Jan 24 build) -----

@noggin I ran some tests just now and there are Kodi playback issues:

FTV 4K Max 2nd Gen (2023):  Does not output anything to rears for any 7.x.x Atmos file (DDPlus or TrueHD).
FTV 4K Max 2nd Gen (2023):  Does not output anything to rears forany 7.1 TrueHD file
FTV 4K Max 2nd Gen (2023):  Does not output LFE channel for any Atmos file
FTV is set to 'Kodi IEC Packer' - I have changed the 'No. of Channels' to 7.1 and 2.0 - no difference. My AVR show 'Atmos' decoding but the AVR speaker output never has 'rears' activated using the FTV device (connected directly to an AVR HDMI port)

I have confirmed my AVR is setup correctly for my 7.1.4 speaker layout.
(2024-01-17, 10:57)noggin Wrote:
(2024-01-17, 05:33)HomerJau Wrote: There is info in this thread that confirms the 2nd Gen Firestick TV 4K Max can do TrueHD Atmos Passthrough and DTS-HDMA Passthrough with Kodi v21 Omega. I did not test Kodi v20.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/...ost-747593

The Dolby Atmos channel order is sides before rears. If Atmos is decoded by an AVR (or other official Atmos decoder) the channel order is correct. I suspect when Kodi decodes the Atmos core it does not switch the channel order correctly, but I haven’t tested that since I decode with AVRs.

BTW: The files I provide to configure Kodi in the that thread is only for a new FTV as it copies add-ons and the add-on database which will overwrite any preexisting installation.

Do other 7.1 formats decode correctly to PCM in Kodi - is it just True HD and or DD+ with Atmos that doesn't (Atmos itself not being a codec - more an extension to other codecs?) ?  

Another explanation for channel swapping could be that somewhere in Kodi or Fire OS the HDMI PCM channel ordering is wrong?

FireTV has always had this problem. I don't think it's a Kodi bug since nvidia shield works correctly.
(2024-01-17, 22:31)emveepee Wrote: Spatial audio isn't quite the same as 7:1 though.  Do true 7:1 samples output correctly?
I confirm that my Onkyo NR696 plays all 7.1 channels correctly. I use Dolby Atmos test DVD stored on nas drive. I had test video that plays every channel separately
Does anyone know if there is a compatible remote with numpad ?
(2024-01-27, 09:22)Roby77 Wrote: Does anyone know if there is a compatible remote with numpad ?
I saw some remotes with small keyboard designed for Kodi android. Search AliExpress
I myself simply use wireless USB keyboard and mouse.
(2023-12-26, 03:44)boboc Wrote: I was even more curious if the ASIX chip would provide better performance and bought another adapter - Amazon Basics 1000Mbps adapter - which, according to posts on different forums, was based on ASIX chip.

The first adapter had an USB hub with three USB 3.0 ports. That was the reason why I chose it over Amazon adapter at first.

I checked the new Adapter on MacBook, which confirmed it was based on ASIX chip and then did my tests with Fire stick Max 2 gen. This adapter performed much better! Steady 30 MB/s in

Conclusion: WiFi on Stick 4K Max 2 gen sucks. Use an USB LAN adapter instead but be careful to choose the right one.

Mind posting a link to the adapter and cable splitter you used? I assume the splitter is to provide power simultaneously?

From what I gather one can’t use a usb hub to add external hdd right?
(2024-03-04, 22:18)Carnajo Wrote: From what I gather one can’t use a usb hub to add external hdd right?

FireOS will not read any external HDD, powered or not, so no.
(2024-03-04, 22:26)izprtxqkft Wrote: FireOS will not read any external HDD, powered or not, so no.

Thanks. That’s what understood as well. Still want to try the Ethernet adapter though because I’m getting pauses in playback even on WiFi 6 with my 4K Max 2023 model (the one with WiFi 6e) and hoping an Ethernet adapter would be more stable
(2024-03-04, 22:26)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2024-03-04, 22:18)Carnajo Wrote: From what I gather one can’t use a usb hub to add external hdd right?

FireOS will not read any external HDD, powered or not, so no.

Does an SSD count as "external HDD" or is it a separate category? I ask because my FireOS can read/write my 250GB SanDisk SSD without problems.
(2024-03-05, 00:16)Sholander Wrote: Does an SSD count as "external HDD" or is it a separate category? I ask because my FireOS can read/write my 250GB SanDisk SSD without problems.

*FireOS will not read any useful external HDD, powered or not, so no.

does not support linux EXT or windows NTFS
if you have <4GB movies you might be able to use FAT32
exfat is questionable

-----

for my own use 250GB would be maybe 3-4 movies, back to the future trilogy is 200GB, john wick 1-4 is 328GB, hardly seems worth the effort to copy so few movies to a drive that is compatible instead of using a network file server like a normal person
Kodi seemlessly supports split archives if your movies are too big to fit on FAT32.  Some archivers even have a FAT32 option to get the split parts as big as possible automatically.
(2024-03-04, 22:18)Carnajo Wrote: Mind posting a link to the adapter and cable splitter you used? I assume the splitter is to provide power simultaneously?

I use this Amazon Basics USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Internet Adapter, Black.

The adapter cable I bought from Aliexpress. I assume any would work as they are purely mechanical. Make a search for "Fire tv usb otg adapter". There are two types: a small brick and with 20cm cables. I bought both and both work without issues. If you are in a hurry, Amazon sells them too (but to much higher prices of course).
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2021 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max0