Bug Kodi 19.1 Crash on search for add-on in Windows 10
Hello,

I've noticed an issue where Kodi 19.1 (under Windows 10) will crash when I search for an add-on and the full name isn't matched.  I was searching for "Watchedlist" and Kodi crashed each time if I typed in "watched" and pressed enter on the virtual keyboard.  This is repeatable and the program crashes each time when I try it with other keywords like "Arctic" as a search for "Arctic Zephyr" for example.  I did a search on the forums and it does not appear this has been reported.

1. Version of Kodi: 1.1.0 GIT:20210508-85e05228b4
2. Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (10.0.19042.1165)
3. CPU/Architecture: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 3400 MHz
4. RAM amount: 16 GB
5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem: Enter "add-ons" from menu, enter "search", then type in a word.  If the word does not fully match an add-on name, Kodi will crash
6. Details of all devices relevant to the problem: Not applicable
7. FULL Debug Log (see Section 3 below.):  Here you go.  The stacktrace file has this as its contents if you need it:

Thread 30848 (process 31804)
# 0

I can send the dump file too if you need that.

Thanks,

TD
(2021-09-11, 22:31)Tired Dad Wrote: Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem:

Does the problem still happen when Kodi was restarted after the default skin Estuary is activated?
(2021-09-11, 22:45)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-09-11, 22:31)Tired Dad Wrote: Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem:

Does the problem still happen when Kodi was restarted after the default skin Estuary is activated?
@Klojum  thank you for looking into this.  Yes, it is the same with Estuary.
Just a quick note here: the Matrix search function within add-ons works as expected on my set-up; but I'm not running a 'MysqlDatabase'.
(2021-09-12, 18:14)PatK Wrote: Just a quick note here: the Matrix search function within add-ons works as expected on my set-up; but I'm not running a 'MysqlDatabase'.

Interesting.  I tried a new profile under the Estuary skin that was not using MySQL and Kodi did not crash on searching.  It didn't give nay results either though, so something is up.  I'll try a reinstall
(2021-09-14, 17:15)Tired Dad Wrote:
(2021-09-12, 18:14)PatK Wrote: Just a quick note here: the Matrix search function within add-ons works as expected on my set-up; but I'm not running a 'MysqlDatabase'.

Interesting.  I tried a new profile under the Estuary skin that was not using MySQL and Kodi did not crash on searching.  It didn't give nay results either though, so something is up.  I'll try a reinstall

I reported something similar 2021/08/28  and I am not running a 'MysqlDatabase'
I reinstalled a vanilla version of 19.1 for Windows and the search seems to be working fine with the Arctic Zephyr: Reloaded skin in the master profile.  However, logging in as other users yields no results, using either the standard skin or AZ:R

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.1 Crash on search for add-on in Windows 100