Please remove the clown!
TheObo Wrote:OK I have the FanArt working and it's great! Although it only works in the background while you're on the main page of the show and the "choose series" page. Once you go to the episode list it disappears - why is this?

forget that - I wasn't in "Episode" View - now I have changed to that view it rocks!
I know its been awhile since the OP, but here is what I came up with...

I just took a screenshot of the original scary clown image, doctored it up in P-Shop with another screenshot from the other tv shows image, sliced it up, and replaced the default images in the Mediastream folder.

Easy as Pie!
Excellent, looks good Big Grin
The clown has nostalgia value for those of us on this side of the pond....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_Card_F
is there a collection somewhere of peoples differnt backgrounds ?
Got a Logitech Harmony ONE ? Click here for my XBMC Customization HOW TO
wow, i really like that with the mediastream skin on the tv. something along those lines should be default imo

Edit: Ah. The clown makes so much more sense now. I don't think many north american users, at least, know anything about it. It basically just looks like a really weird clown to us that doesn't really seem to fit with the rest of the image haha. Still looks weird to me, but now i know why Smile
opensky42 Wrote:I know its been awhile since the OP, but here is
I just took a screenshot of the original scary clown image, doctored it up in P-Shop with another screenshot from the other tv shows image, sliced it up, and replaced the default images in the Mediastream folder.

Easy as Pie!

...hmmm... where are the default images? I'm looking in ...XBMC\skins\MediaStream and its' subfolders, but I'm not seeing any image files. There's a couple large .xpr files under media, but I don't know what to so with those.

Am I in the wrong spot?

EDIT - OK... found the answer in this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ackgrounds
Sorry to resurrect this, but although I've a custom BG set for my TV Shows the clown picture still shows inside, heres an example...

Home with custom BG:

Inside (used a show without fanart/poster as example):

Is there a way to get the/a custom background to show inside too ? Perhaps by editing the home.xml ?

Edit: NVM, /facepalm.

I was changing the wrong setting, the correct one is "Show fanart on TV wall".
TheObo Wrote:Originally Posted by skunkm0nkee
There's a separate setting that controls whether custom backgrounds should show on the home screen or not....... OK, I've searched every setting I can find but no sign of it... where is it please?

I also can't find it and want very much to be rid of this clown, tory or unionist or whatever. but i see no SEPARATE setting to control where custom backgrounds should be shown on the home screen. And from the sound of this thread, those who have replaced it have not done it thru the GUI but modded the skin files.

So please where is a) the setting or b) the file path to the horrifying clown Huh

also anyone got any suitable TV HD 1920x1080 images of like TVs, Living Rooms with TVs that aren't butt ugly -- or maybe ARE as butt ugly as my living room -- or maybe some good retro TV shows?

(I do find it funny that the only alternative on "home theatre backdrops" is from the default skin: http://htbackdrops.com/categories.php?cat_id=11 )

EDIT:

Doh! Found it in Settings -> Skin -> Home -> Allow custom BG's. I swear that "Home" setting screen wasn't there before. It may or may not have appeared when I toggled the General Appearance -> Skin settings to Lite and back to Default.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please remove the clown!0