PVRclients: NextPVR client needs a restart
@sPurf that looks much better and I think the error is different,

2021-09-19 20:42:53.660 T:8664 INFO <general>: CPowerManager::OnWake: Running resume jobs
2021-09-19 20:43:01.385 T:524 ERROR <general>: GetTimers: Add-on 'NextPVR:127.0.0.1' returned an error: server error

I will need to see what the code is doing in that state early after resume.  I suspect if you had waited it would have reconnected.

Martin
@sPurf  Are you certain you updated the dll with the new one to here?

C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\pvr.nextpvr\pvr.nextpvr.dll

There is a line I can't duplicate with your settings.xml  I am running 19.2 nightlies though.

Martin
(2021-09-20, 02:18)emveepee Wrote: @sPurf  Are you certain you updated the dll with the new one to here?

C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\pvr.nextpvr\pvr.nextpvr.dll

There is a line I can't duplicate with your settings.xml  I am running 19.2 nightlies though.

Martin

Thank you for keeping having a look at this. I've replaced the dll again just in case I stuffed it up the first time. Here is a couple of logs. I've been away from home the last couple of days but my wife says the pop-up is still coming up but Kodi isn't crashing back to the desktop. Thanks!

logomasuqa.kodi (paste)

eyevixudug.kodi (paste)
Only one of those logs has the line I was watching for.  Neither of them had sleep/wake though.  There can be a timing issue on wake on localhost since NextPVR has to wake as well.  That could be a pop message.

Martin
(2021-09-21, 05:37)emveepee Wrote: Only one of those logs has the line I was watching for.  Neither of them had sleep/wake though.  There can be a timing issue on wake on localhost since NextPVR has to wake as well.  That could be a pop message.

Martin

Thanks Martin. I'm back home this evening and will try to capture a sleep/wake log
Since my 1st post I have setup Event Ghost to open / close Kodi when my TV is on / off as I have been getting resolution glitches. This has meant there has been less chances to catch sleep / wake events to catch the PVR problem.

Here are some fresh logs.

This one Eventghost loaded Kodi after wakeup without the PVR issue. I put the PC towards the end through Kodi and there was no error on wakeup

hubarigifu.kodi (paste)

This one was loading Kodi manually after closing it down (no sleep wake) and got the error immediately after load. Error clears when click on OK and didn't crash back to the desktop

joqemopuxa.kodi (paste)

At this stage I'd be just happy for the NextPVR Client addon to just clear the error itself (preferably silently) and reload. I recall I had an occasional NextPVR error notification in Leia but it seemed to clear without user input
I still see the message coming up when in reloads

2021-09-20 20:23:42.616 T:7968 INFO <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.nextpvr: NextPVR::Settings::SetEnumSetting - Changed Setting 'livestreamingmethod5' from 2 to 0

but I can't figure out where it changes from the value 0 you have in the first place.  The code should be handling it but my suggestion would be to manually edit that settings.xml file and change

<setting id="livestreamingmethod" default="true">2</setting>
to
  <setting id="livestreamingmethod">0</setting>

I am going to be so happy in Nexus not having to support all the workarounds for supporting backend v4.

Martin
(2021-09-21, 15:13)emveepee Wrote: <setting id="livestreamingmethod">0</setting>

Cheers, have applied the change and will keep you posted
(2021-09-21, 23:32)sPurf Wrote:
(2021-09-21, 15:13)emveepee Wrote: <setting id="livestreamingmethod">0</setting>

Cheers, have applied the change and will keep you posted
Still getting this popup when Kodi first loads but not when resuming now. Is there anyway to have this error clear automatically rather than waiting for it be cleared manually?
@sPurf it is not that simple the message is coming in Kodi in the setting logic after a user selects a new live streaming type, so it is a valid message.  It is also called when Kodi starts but the starting value Kodi has is not what you have in your settings.xml so I can't figure out where Kodi figure that out.  I tried your settings.xml here and it works fine and stepped through the debugger. 

Also the setting you have for that field is what everyone who has timeshifiting enabled and installed the addon in Matrix so I'd expect many more posts if it was regular.

It's a log shot but have you tried with Estuary?

Martin
(2021-09-22, 15:01)emveepee Wrote: It's a log shot but have you tried with Estuary?

Martin
Thank Martin. Here is a log using Estuary

sigoteyivo.kodi (paste)

I haven't been able to reproduce the error with this skin but can't keep it on all the time as it doesn't support Smart Playlists and my wife and kids rely on that heavily

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVRclients: NextPVR client needs a restart0