FanArt memory issues in XBMC for Xbox
xb2iris Wrote:yeah, i'd like to know what you've reduced and by how much if that's okay... would help a mate of mine using an xbox whose running into similar issues...

Network cache for video set to 1280. This helped a bit as all my movies would play (no fanart present.) However tv shows still wouldn't so I reduced the quality on the fanart using MS Office Picture Manager's default document setting.
This roughly halved the size of the fanart (on average from around 400kb to 200kb.) Now all tv shows play with no problems and on a 42inch screen the fanart still looks fine.

As to why some xboxes have problems and some don't, I've no idea - I only started getting problems when I upgraded from an April build to a more recent one. I've also got quite a large media collection gathered over many years so that must make the xbox work a bit harder also.
I'm using alpha4 and i also have a relative large media collection...

Two changes in my xbox tho:
1. 7200 rpm HDD
2. 80 pin cable (vs. 40 pin xbox original)

Could that be the reason?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:I'm using alpha4 and i also have a relative large media collection...

Two changes in my xbox tho:
1. 7200 rpm HDD
2. 80 pin cable (vs. 40 pin xbox original)

Could that be the reason?

I'm using 1024px width fanart pics now, quality is great and soved almost every memory problem. Also Fanart load instantanously now.

I'm using 400gig 7200rpm (16mb buffer) and was getting problems running 720p
I've reduced my xbox cache to 2048 (used to have 16xxx)
.... forgot to mention that i'm using 720p
xbs08 Wrote:I'm using MediaStream with fanart and thumbs 512, never changed cache setting and all works fine, no memory issues.
Why does this happen to some xbox and not all?

i wonder if the size of the library makes a difference. i have 1.5TB of videos and music on a readynas and i am constantly runnning into memory problems.
I reduced the Video Cache to 1280 and all seems to be working fine now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FanArt memory issues in XBMC for Xbox0