Subtitles don't work on a specific movie
I normally download subtitles from OpenSubtitles.org easily and effectively.

However, for the UK movie Ratcatcher, I cannot get them to show. OpenSubtitles have 14 available and I have tried downloading several without viewing success. They download OK as I can see them in the appropriate place using Explorer on my Windows 10 HTPC.

When I press "T" the dialog says Subtitles Not available but the file VIDEO_TS.en.srt is there in the movie root directory. After I download a fresh one the dialog says Subtitles Unknown but displays one line of the subtitles for a second but none further.

Does anyone have any ideas, please?

Cheers
Rastas65
When I visit the OpenSubtitles website, I only get 6 english entries for that movie. Downloading one of them got me a zip file with a different name in it: Patkanyfogo-plan9.ENG.srt.
Honestly, I don't know how Kodi handles differently named subtitle files that way, but perhaps handling things yourself will solve your 1-time problem.
(2021-09-19, 06:08)Klojum Wrote: When I visit the OpenSubtitles website, I only get 6 english entries for that movie. Downloading one of them got me a zip file with a different name in it: Patkanyfogo-plan9.ENG.srt.
Honestly, I don't know how Kodi handles differently named subtitle files that way, but perhaps handling things yourself will solve your 1-time problem.

Thanks Klojum. I found the same result. Unzipped several files, examined the srt files and all looked fine. Moved them, one at a time, into the Ratcatcher directory but no change. Same diagnostics, same problem. I will now delete the file, re-rip the dvd and try again.

Cheers
Rastas65
Deleted the file from disk and Kodi, re-ripped, restarted Kodi - no change. We will live with the broad Glaswegian accents as there isn't a lot of dialogue anyway.

Cheers
Rastas65

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles don't work on a specific movie0