Feature request: "Kids" in the home screen
I don't find the feature request thread. Sorry if I post in the wrong section.

I would like to request that "Kids" will be added as an option in the main menu at the home screen (together with movies, tv series, adult, clips etc).

Does anyone else feel that this is missing? Nod
Could be very Cool...someone knows if this can be achived?
You can do this yourself if you want (search for the numerous threads on this forum on modifying the home screen).
Another option is to use profiles.

info on both can also be found in the manual in my sig.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I've managed to get a kids section in the Home Menu by editing the clips xml in the homescroller, but can not get it to link to the clips background folder and have the showcase view

Any suggestions?

If you would like to get the kids section see the follwoing post
Do it the easy way.
Make the kids a separate profile.
I'm totally happy with my current setup and so is the wife and boy (which is the main thing). It separates our movies from the boys movies.

It just would have been cool to have kids fan art in the background for his films.

Its just me trying to get all the details right!Confused

Never mind!
PJ_Hooker Wrote:I'm totally happy with my current setup and so is the wife and boy (which is the main thing). It separates our movies from the boys movies.

It just would have been cool to have kids fan art in the background for his films.

Its just me trying to get all the details right!Confused

Never mind!

The nice thing with the profiles is that then there's a full kids library.
Movies, TV, Music, etc.
And with Aeon, it's so easy that even my 2 year old can go from watching Thomas episodes to finding a movie he wants, all with fanart.
I have replaced "Adults" wth "Kids", so that it shows the kiddie movies in file view.

Took a bit of fiddling with the XML files. There were lots of changes I needed to make (more than I thought should be necessary, actually, but the schema of the skin files is a mystery to me), so I have been loathe to upgrade from release 11a because of this.

But perhaps this "profiles" business is something that I should look at, instead of patching the skin with every release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature request: "Kids" in the home screen0