Alpha Subtitles don't work in the latest build
I don't know if this issue was ever addressed but I just had the problem again, and found an alternate fix.

The basic issue seems to be that the SRT file has a formatting problem, the Kodi parser fails with "ERROR <general>: OpenStream - Unable to create subtitle parser" in the log, but this isn't reported via the UI.

The subtitles don't play, and the only symptom is that they don't "engage" with a check mark on the menu to choose subtitles (I'm using the Kodi remote). The check mark appears for a moment, but then it disappears, as if I hadn't chosen the subs.

The fix is to use an online tool to clean up the subtitles: https://subtitletools.com/srt-cleaner

After I tried this and updated the file, the subs will play as expected.
@mrob Please make the problematic subtitle file available, so we can investigate things. Using external cleaning tools does not really fix the problem in Kodi.
(2022-09-08, 10:55)Klojum Wrote: @mrob Please make the problematic subtitle file available, so we can investigate things. Using external cleaning tools does not really fix the problem in Kodi.

Well... I did that when this happened a year ago, but there was no response. Sorry, I cleaned/fixed the SRT files and deleted the broken ones.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles don't work in the latest build0