• 4(current)
Release Hulu
Code:
#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=18707518,RESOLUTION=3840x2160,AVERAGE-BANDWIDTH=15864167,CODECS="hev1.2.4.L153.90,mp4a.40.5,ec-3",FRAME-RATE=23.976,AUDIO="va-audio-EC3",SUBTITLES="subs",VIDEO-RANGE="SDR"
#EXT-X-STREAM-INF:BANDWIDTH=19560052,RESOLUTION=3840x2160,AVERAGE-BANDWIDTH=8677050,CODECS="hev1.2.4.L153.90,mp4a.40.5,ec-3",FRAME-RATE=23.976,AUDIO="va-audio-EC3",SUBTITLES="subs",VIDEO-RANGE="PQ",HDCP-LEVEL=TYPE-1
No, all tracks within EXTM3U appear to be encoded as HEVC video.
I didn't notice any significant difference in image quality in the simple comparison, but of course the HDR tones and contrast are different.

https://help.hulu.com/s/article/video-quality#HDR
Does Hulu support HDR10+ and Dolby Vision? Anyone know which Hulu originals support HDR10+ or Dolby Vision?
I think "The Handmaid's Tale" supports Dolby Vision.
Yes, Hulu supports both HDR10+ and DV for the same content. It defaults to DV first if your device supports it, then HDR10+/HDR10 if it doesn't.

As for which content, it's not a lot but is ever expanding. I don't have a subscription right now but will probably re-up when they inevitably offer $.99 month for their ad tier during Black Friday.
I don't know why HDR10's bitrate is almost half that of SDR. I assume it's similar to Netflix's "Optimized shot-based encodes".
Disney is going to raise the price of Hulu's ad subscription to 7.99, and the ad-free subscription will be 14.99. I doubt there will be Black Friday deals this year as in previous years.
Any updates on the Live TV freezing issue? They always start playing fine, but then freeze within a few minutes. Here's a log with an example:

2021-11-21 13:03:38.076 T:7872    DEBUG <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Begin WaitForSegment stream VIDEO_2_8800000
https://paste.kodi.tv/amuyepevew.kodi

Sling just lost all the Disney channels, so Hulu is the only option on Kodi for now..Appreciate your help!
@GriffeyJuni0r - you've got over 200 posts, you should know the rules about banned addons (wiki) by now...

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
version 0.2.3 released

This version adds support for HDR and Dolby Vision.
These are only available on devices with HDCP 2.2
If your is, you can enable / disable them in the add-on settings.

Enjoy!
Hello,

I have been trying to use the live TV feature of the addon and after about a minute or two it freezes then closes the stream. I also have tried reducing the quality, and the problem persists.

Hope that you can help.
Thank You.

Log
(2022-10-08, 22:26)gauntIII Wrote: Hello,

I have been trying to use the live TV feature of the addon and after about a minute or two it freezes then closes the stream. I also have tried reducing the quality, and the problem persists.

Hope that you can help.
Thank You.
I've reported this issue since the first version, but it's probably not fixable, so I'll just accept it.
I use Hulu mainly to watch local channels, these channels play fine, and most of the other channels have the same issue as you.
Currently there is no addon or provider that offers local channels, so I rate Hulu as a very good addon for Kodi.
It will be fixable, but not by me. It'll require a fix in inputstream adaptive
Ok, Thank You.
Oh, wanted to tell about live tv constant buffering and now I see its already being discussed. 

So no solutions for now? Switching to kodi 20, as I understand, wont fix it either... Is there are tracker for this issue on github?
@matthuisman I've been noticing on the Hulu add-on on my Shield that if I enable EAC3 in the addon that I get a lot of audio dropouts (using passthrough) but when I disable EAC3 the AAC audio does not experience it.  Below is a debug log demonstrating numerous ErrorAdjust messages during playback.

https://paste.kodi.tv/aminogaxeq.kodi

I've tried Kodi v20 and the v20 nightlies with the same issue.  I've even tried Fritsch's maxpassthroughoffsyncduration advancedsetting from the v20 kodi nightlies https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371292.  This log was taken from Brockmire season 1 episode 6.  I'll try to track whether it is specific episodes/shows or if it is happening on all passthrough audio on Hulu.  Any chance that this is just a configuration issue on my part?
this is why I have the EAC3 setting. Kodi Android just doesn't seem to like it most of the time. Especially 32bit.
Anyway, it would be out of my control. The addon passes its manifest and then its upto Inputstream Adapative / Kodi.
Not sure where you could raise an issue
Thanks for taking the time to explain. I thought I was losing my mind because I knew that it worked okay for some shows and episodes but not others. I'll just disable EAC3 for the addon moving forward. Thanks for the work you've put into this and your other add-ons.
@matthuisman love the add on, one question, what does the latitude, longitude function do?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hulu0