Yet another hardware post
Search for the Killer or Killa Bird Scene here in the forums, it will kick the butt of your system. If it plays that it will play anything :-) Prepare to have to overclock ;-)
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
gryphon5 Wrote:I need to find a suitable 1080i sample to stretch its legs, as well as tweaking boot times, overclocking etc. Does anyone have any testing suggestions?

Indeed I do!

I've just set up this torrent, which is a 1080i stress test clip for exactly this purpose. Please can you try downloading it and tell me if it's seeding OK? If it is, I'll put this link on the wiki. I intend to permanently seed it on one of my servers, but the firewall config for it was a bit of a nightmare.

Thanks.
BTW the torrent is of the "Killa Bird Scene" referred to by BLKMGK.
Thumbs Up 
gilgongo Wrote:Indeed I do!

I've just set up this torrent, which is a 1080i stress test clip for exactly this purpose. Please can you try downloading it and tell me if it's seeding OK? If it is, I'll put this link on the wiki. I intend to permanently seed it on one of my servers, but the firewall config for it was a bit of a nightmare.

Thanks.
Downloading now, will seed when complete. That is the sample I was talking about.Cool

Edit: Several seeds now and I'm pushing as hard as I can upstream for others. Good way to distribute it, thanks!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I'm leeching now and will seed from my own server, thanks.
LOL just downloaded this and tried it on my 3 Ghz nvidia 8800GS Imac and it went bezerk
XBMC on Gentoo Linux on a Shuttle SG33G6 with Intel C2D E6750, 2GB RAM, Asus EN8500GT
hrak Wrote:LOL just downloaded this and tried it on my 3 Ghz nvidia 8800GS Imac and it went bezerk

3.8Ghz 8800GT equipped Vista machine here - kills it pretty good too! Not optimized for video playback as it's my desktop. However my XBMC machine plays it perfectly smooth!Nod
The clip plays at around 13-15fps. Interestingly, the CPU shows around 60%, but GPU (I'm assuming the 'CPU' on the 'Video' line of the info is the GPU) is pretty much 100%, so its the on-board nvidia 7050 which seems to be the bottleneck.
Perhaps going a little OT now..
Seems like overclocking on my Inno3D SL7N73PV-HDMI motherboard isn't really supported. I can change the FSB from its current value of 1066mhz and I can choose whether the mem frequency is linked or not, and if so, by which ratio - the default is 400mhz, this seems to be the only two options I have.

I tried changing the FSB to 1333, with many different mem frequencies, but each time the BIOS loads into safe mode - looks like I'll have to stay at 2.53ghz Sad
Does anyone know if this Board supports Audio over HDMI? Because with my current NVIDIA graphics card I can get a picture on my TV via HDMI fine but without Sound!
falc410 Wrote:Does anyone know if this Board supports Audio over HDMI? Because with my current NVIDIA graphics card I can get a picture on my TV via HDMI fine but without Sound!

Audio over HDMI is only JSUT starting to be supported by Linux. You will want to ask that question in a forum dedicated to ALSA or to Ubuntu but chances are slim it will be supported or work well yet if it is. Best to do optical or coax digital out for now IMO.
That's not an option for me as I only have a HDMI port on my TV and no extra sound system... Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yet another hardware post0