Radio show scraping
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if there are any plans for a scraper for radio shows. I'm aware of how totally unrealistic it is to have a database for all radio but was wondering if plans for scripted radio shows/limited series on radio are in the pipeline - to use a very British example it seems odd that I can scrape the TV programme Jam into Kodi but not the radio programme Blue Jam, despite their being 90% identical in content. (It's actually quite common here to have a radio show that becomes a TV show.)

Apologies if: a) this feature already exists (in which case please tell me how it works! Smile)
b) there's no database covering this, so it's impossible.
To have a scraper, you need a backend with metadata in it that the scraper hooks into.

Common examples for movies are themoviedb and for TV shows TVDB amongst others. The scrapers are the "front end" connecting back to those databases to get the metadata.

At least to my knowledge, there is not such a thing out there for radio, is there? I think your option b) is on the money - unfortunately as I too have a fair number of radio shows and plays/broadcasts in my archive.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-10-20, 20:33)DarrenHill Wrote: To have a scraper, you need a backend with metadata in it that the scraper hooks into.

Common examples for movies are themoviedb and for TV shows TVDB amongst others. The scrapers are the "front end" connecting back to those databases to get the metadata.

At least to my knowledge, there is not such a thing out there for radio, is there? I think your option b) is on the money - unfortunately as I too have a fair number of radio shows and plays/broadcasts in my archive.
Yeah, I'm not aware of any either, sadly.

A shame but that'd be a huge project for anyone to take on! I'm amazed enough that people even attempted it with TV, let alone to as high a quality as they have, to be honest.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radio show scraping0