• 5(current)
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
To further add, re-installed Kodi 19.3.2 MVC fork, no issues upon install.

Tested MVC 3D. Worked fine with full audio passthrough. Tested multiple movies. Then tested Ghostbusters 2016 which is right-eye first. Noted in the header properly as 14. Eye were flipped. Verified by flipping the glasses up sidedown. Wearing them properly the image was blurry and hard to focus at times. Wearing the upside down the image was exactly as it should be in 3D.

No audio sync issues. No crashing due to ActiveAE Large Audio Sync error.

HSBS and HTAB files do not work. Just black screen with the same when stopping video playback. 

Of course this then didn't work with CinemaVision in 3D. 

Went back to 18.1 MVC fork. 3D works fine for both MVC and HSBS/HTAB. However right-eye first doesn't. Only gives 2D image. so fixed some issues but found others. And still doesn't work with CV in 3D.
Big thanks to whoever been working on this.  I been trying to use it for years, but been sticking with the DSplayer version of kodi because it worked for me.  Now this latest version finally works.  Running Skylake I3 with internal graphics.  Using Viewsonic projector.  On this latest built, it finally switches into 3d correctly instead of trying to do over under.   Now for some issues I'm having.

It crashes everytime on exit, I have to kill the process to close it.  Not a huge deal, but if I can fix it, great! Smile
When it starts the 3d film.  It will start, go into 3d and lock.  After pressing play and pause a couple of times, it starts to work and then appears to work fine from then on.  Anyone else have these issues?  
Finally, I'm using a Harmony remote.  with the DS player version, I can get to the controls or whatever, I cannot do that here,  Is anyone using a harmony remote, other remote and able to get to the settings to change like subtitles, audio, etc?  
Finally, how do I see what is going on with the system.  Like with Dsplayer, I can hit J or whatever is setup for madvr to see if I'm absolutely kiilling my system or whatever and see what refresh its using etc?  I can't seem to find any of that on this.

Thanks
Are you saying above 7th Gen won’t work for this version? I was planning to upgrade as my sky lake doesn’t handle 4k or 265 well

(2021-12-24, 16:02)damagedspline Wrote:
(2021-12-24, 07:49)ofirdan Wrote: Is there a SW based solution?

I own a CoffeLake NUC (gen 8) and it is not possible to fix it by SW. Issue is in the HW design, which was caused by embedding a 3rd party HW part to internally split the USB-C DP port to HDMI.

That is why I bought a cheap Celeron based NUC-like by Gigabyte which actually has an HDMI 2.0 port that also supports 3D frame packing, but suffers by a bug in the kodi overlay startup that cause bad rendering of full frame 3D in full screen mode ( 3D full frame in kodi's windowed mode works fine), i am working on a fix but cant provide ETA.
(2022-01-09, 08:53)K0D1User1138 Wrote: No audio sync issues. No crashing due to ActiveAE Large Audio Sync error.

HSBS and HTAB files do not work. Just black screen with the same when stopping video playback. 

I did a short test on the latest build: I tried playing HSBS and it showed an image and then the rest mage froze - audio played. Then clicked stop and tried playing HTAB file - same thing , freeze & no audio. Now for the interesting part: I restarted kodi, and played the HTAB file first - worked like a charm, no freeze, full audio. Clicked stop and played the HSBS and it was the same as before, no audio frozen image. Clicked stop and tried the HTAB again and it was broken as in the first test. Restarted kodi and played HTAB 2 times in a row - works like a charm.

Please restart kodi (latest) and try the HTAB first - let me know if you get the same behaviour so we can make sure our isaues are synced so i fan debug.
(2022-01-09, 20:21)robl45 Wrote: Are you saying above 7th Gen won’t work for this version? I was planning to upgrade as my sky lake doesn’t handle 4k or 265 well

What i am saying is that it cannot be guaranteed. If its an Intel NUC then it will not work, other micropc with Intel GPU? Maybe. Depends on the hdmi onboard routing.
(2022-01-09, 18:57)robl45 Wrote: Big thanks to whoever been working on this.  I been trying to use it for years, but been sticking with the DSplayer version of kodi because it worked for me.  Now this latest version finally works.  Running Skylake I3 with internal graphics.  Using Viewsonic projector.  On this latest built, it finally switches into 3d correctly instead of trying to do over under.   Now for some issues I'm having.

It crashes everytime on exit, I have to kill the process to close it.  Not a huge deal, but if I can fix it, great! Smile
When it starts the 3d film.  It will start, go into 3d and lock.  After pressing play and pause a couple of times, it starts to work and then appears to work fine from then on.  Anyone else have these issues?  
Finally, I'm using a Harmony remote.  with the DS player version, I can get to the controls or whatever, I cannot do that here,  Is anyone using a harmony remote, other remote and able to get to the settings to change like subtitles, audio, etc?  
Finally, how do I see what is going on with the system.  Like with Dsplayer, I can hit J or whatever is setup for madvr to see if I'm absolutely kiilling my system or whatever and see what refresh its using etc?  I can't seem to find any of that on this.

Thanks

The play pause play seems to be on par with another issue I wrote earlier, but i suggested clicking the chapter back button instead as a workaround, but your way is just as good.

For playing time info press o in the keyboard.
(2022-01-10, 22:05)damagedspline Wrote:
(2022-01-09, 20:21)robl45 Wrote: Are you saying above 7th Gen won’t work for this version? I was planning to upgrade as my sky lake doesn’t handle 4k or 265 well

What i am saying is that it cannot be guaranteed. If its an Intel NUC then it will not work, other micropc with Intel GPU? Maybe. Depends on the hdmi onboard routing.

any guaranteed way to tell if it will work , something in the specs or anything?
There is no way of telling from spec... If it does not have a usb-c thunderbolt it might work. If it does have usb-c thunderbolt port there is a slim chance of it for working.

Its all about the onboard wiring. If the hdmi is internally coming from the usb-c port it will not work. Some people were able to connect adapters in previous gens to make it work, but for my CoffeLake system it made no difference and it failed.
Okay, so will this version ever work with the ones with USB C or its just a never happening?
Never. It is a HW design issue done by OEMs to cut costs. I recently purchased a skinny Celeron system, which has usb-c out but still able to properly enable 3D view at the system level, but kodi's rendering engine has exposed a bug in the driver (which only applies to some configurations) which cause it to only render one eye - i tried to do many things in the code to overcome it, but no success yet. The closest i got was that making a change that allowed kodi to render the 3d but the output was way too choppy to be usable.

Just to clarify, this port will successfully parse full frame 3d on all systems with intel gpu. On some systems allow full frame viewing and on the rest of the systems allow half frame top/bottom (HTAB) viewing on everywhere else. For now, I use half frame top/bottom viewing of my full frame 3d blurays collection. While AMD and Nvidia gpus can also be enabled, they are not supported out of the box due to legal reasons - mainly for distributing a licensed intel dll files that are only available in their drivers.

(Disclaimer: for legal reasons, this kodi build does/will not include makemkv for bluray decryption, but you can install it separately and apply its license post installation).
(2022-01-12, 06:33)damagedspline Wrote: Never. It is a HW design issue done by OEMs to cut costs. I recently purchased a skinny Celeron system, which has usb-c out but still able to properly enable 3D view at the system level, but kodi's rendering engine has exposed a bug in the driver (which only applies to some configurations) which cause it to only render one eye - i tried to do many things in the code to overcome it, but no success yet. The closest i got was that making a change that allowed kodi to render the 3d but the output was way too choppy to be usable.

Just to clarify, this port will successfully parse full frame 3d on all systems with intel gpu. On some systems allow full frame viewing and on the rest of the systems allow half frame top/bottom (HTAB) viewing on everywhere else. For now, I use half frame top/bottom viewing of my full frame 3d blurays collection. While AMD and Nvidia gpus can also be enabled, they are not supported out of the box due to legal reasons - mainly for distributing a licensed intel dll files that are only available in their drivers.

(Disclaimer: for legal reasons, this kodi build does/will not include makemkv for bluray decryption, but you can install it separately and apply its license post installation).
Not to get off the rails here, but are we specifically talking about this version.  For instance, if I buy a 11th gen mini pc such as https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RYY...D0K5A&th=1.   It will not work for this version, but are you saying it just won't work at all for frame packed 3d?
To sum it up: Its a HW design issue. You cannot overcome it with SW fixes.

From the spec:
Video output: Triple display 4K@60Hz, 8k via DP port.

Slim chances of it to work. See the GPU spec from the intel site and try to deduce if the HDMI is standalone directly connected to the gpu (will work in this case) or if the vendor did the nasty trick of installing an onboard converter or shifter between the GPU DP output and routed it to the HDMI output connection (will not work in this case).

Its Amazon... If its supplied by Amazon store, buy it and return if its not working, check the return conditions.
(2022-01-12, 20:05)damagedspline Wrote: To sum it up: Its a HW design issue. You cannot overcome it with SW fixes.

From the spec:
Video output: Triple display 4K@60Hz, 8k via DP port.

Slim chances of it to work. See the GPU spec from the intel site and try to deduce if the HDMI is standalone directly connected to the gpu (will work in this case) or if the vendor did the nasty trick of installing an onboard converter or shifter between the GPU DP output and routed it to the HDMI output connection (will not work in this case).

Its Amazon... If its supplied by Amazon store, buy it and return if its not working, check the return conditions.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMF...X0DER&th=1

So this board with 1.4 is 100% guaranteed to work?
I found this below on an intel document.  While searching for LSPCON, it said it was required for coffee lake, but not required for 9th gen and above.  Does that mean they should work for Framepack or its still a gamble?  I'm currently looking at either a 1.4 board that will take a 9th gen to get as current as possible or 8th gen mini computers that don't have USB C out that hopefully will work.    I know this is possible because I had an Asus 10th Gen laptop that worked fine.  Ended up returning it because it didn't have USB-C display out which I needed for my work laptop.  The USB-C out laptop however that I currently have I could never get it to work,  I figured it was because of the 4K screen.  

Notes:
1 Stereoscopic 3D (S3D) supported on native HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 2.0 ports. S3D is not supported if LSPCON is used.
Are you trying to build a Kodi purpose machine or something that will do tons more and just want Kodi as well and to include MVC playback?

If it's a Kodi specific machine with little else use, why so determined to buy hardware that isn't compatible with MVC?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback0