[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Sort by Date in Library View
Question 
Hello,

Due to some recently fixed bugs, I'm finally starting to use the library view when browsing my movies. One thing I noticed, is that I couldn't find a way to sort the titles by date. I understand that the date is basically defined by the year the movie was released in theaters, but it would be really nice if the folder/file date of the movie could be taken into the sort options as well, since typically I'm interested in seeing the latest added movies first in my list.

I reckon that this is already somehow possible, but I couldn't find how in XBMC, nor in the forums here. Hints + suggestions welcome. Smile
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
There should be a directory with "Recently added movies" by default, I can find it by entering movie library mode, pressing backspace twice. Then there should be some kinda "Recently added movies directory".

But I agree, sorting by "Added" would be nice to have as an default option.
Or perhaps better than "added", "by file date", so if you add a directory (perhaps you re-scraped it to get new data for old files) the listing does not get clogged.
Assuming that recently added doesn't count re-scrapes, then it will do what you want. Unfortunately we don't have it yet - I believe there's likely a ticket for it already on trac.

Smartplaylists are the way to handle this though IMO, though filedate isn't something we'd be able to query on (and it seems a little useless to me, as it could well change as you move stuff around). When it's added to the db seems like something more useful.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Sort by Date in Library View0