Manual update to Libbluray 1.3.0 Java menus (testers required)
after banging my head with this for the week my google-fu came accross something new today and it helped loads

it might not be correct and i may need more options on building the dll but from my testing it works, if people could test for me also be most appreciated

just need to copy the 3 new files to the kodi folder and launch as normal, make sure to back up the old ones 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19hPbdw9...sp=sharing
Make it a bit easier for users, specify the path/folder and Kodi iterations you're targeting.
tested with kodi 19.3 but will most likely work with other kodi builds that support libbluray and goes into c:\program files\kodi
@orby 
What improvements have you noticed?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
not 100% sure on improvements noticed and it all seems good, does fix a couple of disks, star trek beyond and evangelion, was more of a can i do it type thing and maybe expand on it, not sure if loading is a bit quicker, and again not sure if i have missed anything in the configure commands as i do have a size difference to to the default ones supplied, but there isn't a one shot guide everything has been hunted down in random logs, forum posts and web info, am looking at other options but just wanted a small break as just getting it to work was tons of reading as am not a programer just a dude on his sofa lol

change log though from the default kodi install, not all of it applies to kodi, but i am going to see if i can improve and add some of it, but will need assistance most likely just with a few pointers in where to look 

2021-04-05: Version 1.3.0
- Add bd_event_name().
- Add return value to bd_refcnt_inc().
- Add cache for parsed clpi file data.
- Add player setting for JRE location (JAVA_HOME).
- Improve FreeBSD BD-J support.
- Improve portability.
- Improve JVM and .jar file probing.
- Fix handling of non-ASCII .iso filenames in Windows (update libudfread to 1.1.2).
- Fix leak.

2020-10-25: Version 1.2.1
- Add initial support for .fmts files.
- Improve missing/broken playlist handling ("Star Trek Beyond 4K").
- Improve UHD metadata support.
- Improve BD-J compability.
- Improve error resilience and stability.
- Fix long delay in "Evangelion, You are (not) alone" menu.
- Fix JVM bootstrap issues with some Java 9 versions.
- Fix sign extended bytes when reading single bytes in BDJ.
- Fix creating organization and disc specific BD-J BUDA directories.
- Use external libudfread when available.
- Rename list_titles to bd_list_titles and add it to installed programs.

2020-03-22: Version 1.2.0
- Add functions to list and read BD-ROM files.
- Add support for separate key pressed / typed / released user input events.
- Add support for AWT mouse events (BD-J).
- Fix build with OpenJDK 12 / 13.
Hmmm?  Some iso's work and some no longer do such as 'The 5th Wave (2016)'.

Added updated libbluray's and tested a few.  That one does not work - spinning wheel.  There could be more.
Replaced with original libbluray's and title works as it always did.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Oh, and I'm on v.20 Nexus.

good to know thanks, i will rip a couple of movies as iso for testing as i use folder structure instead, is most likely to be something to do with libudfread so that might need a recompile of kodi with the upated files and also it could just be i have no clue what i'm doing and won't figure it out Sad

thank you for trying though
Think I have found the error just need to work out how to include an additional exe file to the dll
after lots more trial and error i think i have gotten iso's to work tested with one that didn't work until today so hopfully it's good for more but it does require two additional dlls as for some reason when i build with mingw it adds a -2 and 1 to the linked dll names(libxml2-2 and zlib1) so they need to be included also and no amount of google-fu has given me a clue to this, am happy to upload this round of my experiment if you fancy trying 

if any dev's pop in i would be happy for advice on the above problem Smile
I'll give it a go.

fingers crossed Smile

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QbAqcbP...sp=sharing
@orby 
Sorry, been busy and just tried this again.  There are 5 replacement files in your zip.  They are different from what exists so they are not exactly replacing anything - they are additional.  I guessed which existing files to remove so yours would be updated versions and then tried using an iso again.  Same thing - the iso does not start and I get a spinning wheel.  Removing your files and putting back the originals - all is working again.  Perhaps I didn't add and remove files correctly and keep in mind I'm using v20.  Perhaps you could post precise details which files you removed so that yours would replace them.  Fwiw, here's what I removed before adding your 5 files:

libbluray.dll
libbluray-awt-j2se-1.1.2.jar
libbluray-j2se-1.1.2.jar
libxml2.dll
zlib.dll

let me check as been busy also but made a more stable package this weekend and will double check all dll's for the next upload, will get a portable install of v20 also as could be something extra needed and am also looking at using a different build tool as i think that is my additional dll problem, but am learning everything as i go Smile
can't advise on Kodi 20 yet as the default nightly build java menu's don't work for me on folder or iso, tries to load then just sits there and ramps cpu to 100% and log just shows it's playing the movie fine,

seems it works on the oct 9th nightly and stops working on the oct 19th, so will do some logs and open a new thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manual update to Libbluray 1.3.0 Java menus (testers required)0