Solved Actor thumbnails missing.
Hi,

Since the update to Matrix, I no longer see actor thumbnails now in cast menu. I notice that many of my add-ons are no longer compatible with Kodi since the update. Is there a way to fix this?

Wondering if this is related to the Skin Helper Service now not working. Is there a replacement?
Hi @Pitman33

Please provide some screenshots of exactly where the actor thumbs are missing.

Also please update all addons for Kodi 19. 
Supported addons in Skin Settings > Supported addons probably also need to be updated and/or installed.

You can install my development repository to get the development version of Rapier: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Dev...Repository
That version will contain latest bug fixes and is pushed out way more often than the official versions.
The OP has also been asked for a Debug Log here.... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=365267
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes, I did post there too because I wasn't sure if this was just skin related, or Kodi related. My skin helper service was disabled and I cannot re-install it. Would that be the problem?

file:///C:/Users/Pete/Desktop/Cast%20Icons%20Not%20Showing.JPG
Hi @Gade, I updated all the addons and downloaded your repository. Skin helper service is working. Actor icons in cast menu for movies still not working.
(2021-11-08, 02:55)Pitman33 Wrote: file:///C:/Users/Pete/Desktop/Cast%20Icons%20Not%20Showing.JPG
To upload images see button 14 or 18

Also, when you installed v19, did you do a fresh install, or did you install v19 on top of v18?

Is setting 4.6 enabled here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Artwork and your other artwork settings set to Maximum?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
script.skin.helper.service will not work properly in Kodi 19, which is why most functions provided by that addon has been replaced with other addons.
That addon is not really needed anymore in the skin (only for minor functions not provided by other addons yet).

Please provide some screenshots of exactly where you have missing actor thumbs.
I'm not sure what you mean with "cast menu for movies".
@Karellen, I installed over top the previous version. I wanted to keep all my preferences in tact. It took me a long time to get it to where I like it. Yes, setting 4.6 is enabled. 

@Gade, here is where the artwork doesn't show up. Should I be removing all addons that are now disabled?
(2021-11-09, 04:35)Pitman33 Wrote: here is where the artwork doesn't show up. Should I be removing all addons that are now disabled?
And if you switch to the default skin Estuary, do you see the actors images?
My Signature
Yes, no problem in Estuary. All there.
@Pitman33
Go to Skin Settings > Supported Add-ons
Download, install and enable script.embuary.info

That will solve it.

You should install most add-ons in Supported Add-ons to get full skin features.
@Gade - thanks! It was called Embruary Info - Open dialog, and I found that in Add-Ons/Context Menus. Now I see all the icons. Great. 

So happy to get them back.
Great you got it solved.
And thanks for reporting the issue.

I'll mark this thread as solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Actor thumbnails missing.0