Run xbmc.bin as root
I have a htpc and use autologin and autostart of xbmc. The problem is that I can only change some settings as root. imdb thumbnails etc. So if I want to have thumbnals I must start xbmc from terminal with the sudo command.

Is there any solotion for this?
reinstall xbmc properly with sudo make install (after you make it) (unless you use the ppa's) when logged in with the correct user it sounds like you installed it as root and don't have permission to edit the files
Jezz_X Wrote:reinstall xbmc properly with sudo make install (after you make it) (unless you use the ppa's) when logged in with the correct user it sounds like you installed it as root and don't have permission to edit the files

Thanks. I'll try that.
Now it works! Thanks.

I got another problem though, My 'skins' folder is now named 'skin'. Tried to download xTV skin to the ~/XBMC/skin folder but xbmc doesn't recognize any more skins than Project Mayhem.
Put your skins in ~/.xbmc/skin instead of the directory where the default skin is (e.g. /usr/share/xbmc/skin).
yeah all editable data for xbmc is saved in your home dir under the hidden directory (in gui) .xbmc
Now it's in ~/.xbmc/skin/
Still 1/1 Project Mayhem in xbmc Sad
sorry! after unrar x it worked out. Thanks alot m8s!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Run xbmc.bin as root0