v19 Duplicated Movie Files
I am running Linux 20.4 and Kodi 19.3,
My Main Problem is that, within the Kodi Menu = Movies, I have a high number of Duplicated Movies.
When I go to Settings/Media, I can see Two (2) Movie Folders = Movies, with 302 Files and Movies (2), with 300 Files.
I do NOT know:-
a)  How my Movie Folder, became Two (2), in Media, and
b) How my Viewing Movie Folder contains so many Duplicates.
Q - 1) Can I simply DELETE Movies (2) Folder and its Files.
      2) If YES, How can this Delete be performed.
When I use Samba on my PC, to view the Path to my Movies ( /wd3tb/Movies/ ) there are 307 Files Listed.

Thank You - Can anyone please assist with this.
(2021-11-16, 08:05)Nasho23 Wrote: Q - 1) Can I simply DELETE Movies (2) Folder and its Files.
Yes, go to your source in Settings>Media, highlight the source, call up the Context Menu and select Remove Source.
It will then ask you if you would like to remove these entries from the library. Answer Yes.
Then run a clean library from Settings>Media>Library.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...om_Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-11-16, 08:37)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-11-16, 08:05)Nasho23 Wrote: Q - 1) Can I simply DELETE Movies (2) Folder and its Files.
Yes, go to your source in Settings>Media, highlight the source, call up the Context Menu and select Remove Source.
It will then ask you if you would like to remove these entries from the library. Answer Yes.
Then run a clean library from Settings>Media>Library.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...om_Library

Hi Karellen - Thank You - that got rid of Extra Not Needed Duplicated Movie 92) Folder. I did perform a "Clean Library"
However, In my Kodi Movies List, where I select a Movie from, there are still a large number of Duplicates Present.

Is there an Easy Shortcut Method of Removing these Duplicate Movies.

Thank You.
(2021-11-17, 02:09)Nasho23 Wrote: Is there an Easy Shortcut Method of Removing these Duplicate Movies.
Yes. If you have a keyboard attached, you can press Del on the keyboard or you may have an equivelant button on your remote.

You should also check where the duplicates are pointing, because if they are pointing to extra files in your folders, then they will reappear next time you run an Update Library...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-11-17, 02:16)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-11-17, 02:09)Nasho23 Wrote: Is there an Easy Shortcut Method of Removing these Duplicate Movies.
Yes. If you have a keyboard attached, you can press Del on the keyboard or you may have an equivelant button on your remote.

You should also check where the duplicates are pointing, because if they are pointing to extra files in your folders, then they will reappear next time you run an Update Library...

Thank You Karellen - I had not thought of that.
Before I go into a Heavy Work Load to UnDuplicate a large Number of Movies, It think it may be better to correct a Problem that I think is having an influence on the Problem IE - that is, The Path Filename. Currently, all my Movies have a Path like this ( /wd3tb/data/Movies) This was NOT Intended and is NOT the same as on another Kodi I have - Its Movie Path is ( /3tb/Movies, etc ) There is No /data showing on this 3tb Hard Drive.
To correct my XTreamer, I need to get the Path back to ( wd3tb/Movies ) essentially the same as my Wife's Kodi 3tb Machine and that should correct many of my problems. I cannot see where I need /data, as I cannot find it on my Wife's Kodi.
Can you please suggest the correct Commands, so that I can do this from the Terminal - I am a Novice with Linux Commands. I know what I need done but cannot do it, without guidance.
Regards
Owen Carlton.
(2021-11-17, 06:53)Nasho23 Wrote: I am a Novice with Linux Commands
Me to. I don't use Linux, so I have no clue how to do what you ask.

Another one for @Klojum if he is able to help.

Although, it might just be easier erasing your library and your Sources, adding back the correct Source path and rebuilding the library.
My Signature
(2021-11-17, 06:53)Nasho23 Wrote: Can you please suggest the correct Commands, so that I can do this from the Terminal - I am a Novice with Linux Commands. I know what I need done but cannot do it, without guidance.
Linux commands will not get you very far, especially with a local SQLite database, which I think you are using, and not a remote MySQL/MariaDB database server.
Kodi's databases require SQL command queries if you want to alter their contents.

(2021-11-17, 06:53)Nasho23 Wrote: Currently, all my Movies have a Path like this ( /wd3tb/data/Movies) This was NOT Intended and is NOT the same as on another Kodi I have - Its Movie Path is ( /3tb/Movies, etc ) There is No /data showing on this 3tb Hard Drive.
If there is no physical /wd3tb/data/Movies path on your external HDD, then the Clean Library action should work.
If the action doesn't work, then that path (or both the incorrect and correct path) still exists.

Which source(s) do you currently have? Only the none-data path?

You say you use (Ubuntu?) Linux 20.04 and Kodi 19.3. Then there is an Xtreamer device (which is a rather old device), and there is your wife's Kodi machine. Help me out: how many devices, and which one of them is the patient here?
Hi @Karellen.

Hope all is well.

I seem to be having an issue with movies in my library. I decided to use TMM to create NFO files for all my movies. It has been a daunting tasks over the last few weeks. Anyway, I noticed that I have a huge amount of duplicate movies, which aren't duplicate, but duplicate entries in the DB I am assuming, so what I did was remove both entries from the "Context Menu", then I go an do a manual scan of it again. Now, some work, and some don't. By that I mean, you can seen for example "Son of a Gun", but then I see actor images as the fanart. What I also noticed is that sometimes it scans just the one movie, but if I scan the entire library later on, it adds a second movie entry into the DB. They are both "playable". but it seems that the DB is damaged based on the following line:

xml:
[Textures13.db] SQLite error SQLITE_CORRUPT (database disk image is malformed)

I tried deleting the Textures file, but it just did the same thing in the end. I also have the scraper set to only read "Local NFO files". I am assuming that's correct?

I've attached my log, but I am not sure if I should be deleting the MyVideos119.db and Textures13.db files, then re-scrape from scratch. Can you please help me to figure this out. I am so lost.

Log file: https://mega.nz/file/cOwjQABY#jGHfIW-V_L...oc8JMFs7Oc

Log file too large for KODI paste site.

Screenshot of an example movie. I have way over 20 movies doing the same thing.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-11-30, 22:35)shedrock Wrote: but I am not sure if I should be deleting the MyVideos119.db and Textures13.db files
The log does not show problems with the video database, so only the Textures database file will have been damaged and requires deletion. Deleting the thumbnail cache folder will complete the full thumbnail cleanup.

Double entries in the video database are not due to problems in the thumbnail cache. Two videos having the exact same path in the video database should not be possible, unless the video database also has been compromised in a non-corruptive way. Creating regular backups of your data is still useful.

Double-check the paths of those multiple movie entries, as the smallest difference will create a new video record: an extra space, a capital letter, etc.
(2021-11-30, 23:22)Klojum Wrote: Creating regular backups of your data is still useful.
I have many backups, but even some of those have some duplicates, and many are with the UMS before switching to the NFO files. I also triple checked, and quadruple checked over 25 movies so far. Only 3 of them had a copy on 2 different HD's. Every single other instance of double entries have the same identical path, and some even display the actor images as the fanart. I also tried deleting  the Textures file, as previously stated, but that did not work. I am going to delete the movies DB as well and see what happens. I'll report back.

PS. I did delete the Thumbnail folder after I backed it up.

Thanks for the quick response.

Shedrock
Hi @shedrock

Yep, all is well. Hope all is well with you also.

Pretty much what @Klojum stated above. But digging around your log, I did find duplicated scrapes. Look at your log at lines 3427 and 18186.
DEBUG <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir '/storage/movies2/Movies12/A.Case.of.You.2013.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264/' as not in the database - line 3427
DEBUG <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir '/storage/movies2/Movies12/A.Case.Of.You.2013.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264/' as not in the database - line 18186

Can you spot the difference? Ok, look at the word of

At a guess, you have changed the folder name at some stage? Now you have both in your database pointing to the same file which remains unchanged.
My Signature
(2021-11-30, 23:42)Karellen Wrote: DEBUG <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir '/storage/movies2/Movies12/A.Case.of.You.2013.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264/' as not in the database - line 3427
DEBUG <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir '/storage/movies2/Movies12/A.Case.Of.You.2013.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264/' as not in the database - line 18186
I actually changed that movie, to match the TMM entry to see if it would make a difference. I guess cleaning the DB did not remove that entry. I've scraped 3 movie HD's so far and it seems to be working. I still have 15 more to go. I have not had this issue with my TV Shows that use NFO files, so I don't know why things got messed up with the movies. Anyway, this is a pic of that same movie in the Movies12 path.

I'll keep checking as I add to see if there are duplicate entries.

Thank you guys. Your help is much appreciated.
My observation - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/25053 . Kodi should "know" to treat different path letters' capitalization - as the same.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicated Movie Files0