setting HOME directory
Hi, is there anything i need to do to xbmc to force it to use a certain home directory for skins ? i have created a .xbmc/skin folder in in the dirs /home/xbox and /home/root as all the info i can find recommends but xbmc will not list the skins i have put in the folders, im sure im missing something stupid, can anyone shed any light on this

using ubuntu 7.10 server
log : http://pastebin.com/m7646f4e9
build 15111

thanks
Above should work, but i had some troubles when i compiled the svn version, didnt really bother to look into it, so i copied my skins allover the place and it worked.

According to your log you have a Mediastream skin in /usr/share/xbmc/skin , tried installing another one in that path?
yeah i changed the permissions on the skin dir there put the skin in the main folder which works but if for any reason i decide to completly remove xbmc for a reinstall obviously il loose it, hence trying to get the home folders working
sorry forgot to add im using the ppa version not built from source
For some reason you're running /usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin directly? If so, don't! The launcher script /usr/bin/xbmc takes care of setting up the environment for you. Otherwise you've arsed something up somehow and I'd just completely uninstall and start over.
i new it was gona be something stupid, that works perfectly.
Thanks for taking a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setting HOME directory0