Confused about library mode / videos / naming
Let's say that I had, um, a movie split into pieces like so:

/movies/movie_title/scene1.mpg
/movies/movie_title/scene2.mpg
/movies/movie_title/scene3.mpg

Now, I add the /movies folder as a source, and choose "use folder names for lookup". That gets me movie_title in my library. Great. But what I really want is a way to choose the individual scenes in the movie -- right now, my library just shows "movie_title" three times, whereas what I want is something like "movie_title - scene1", "movie_title - scene2", etc.

Is there some combination of settings that will get me there, or should I just use file mode?
You could probably use NFO files to do the job you want, but unless I'm being really thick, can't you just assume that the first instance of 'movie_title' is Scene 1, the next instance is Scene 2, and so forth? Seems easier to me to just go to the fifth instance of 'movie_title' if you want to see Scene 5, rather than fanny about with anything else.
assuming you always use that convention, add a movie stacking regexp like this:
<regexp>[\\/]([^\\/]+)[\\/]scene([0-9]+)(.*)$<regexp>

this should stack

/movies/movie_title/scene1.mpg
/movies/movie_title/scene2.mpg
/movies/movie_title/scene3.mpg

into

/movies/movie_title/movie_title.mpg

for more info:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=AdvancedSett...tacking.3E

actually let me know if this works or not. it may not. it depends on if the stacking code runs on the filename (which would mean only "scene*.mpg") or the entire path.

if it stacks into just "scene.mpg", then you need to enable "use folders for lookup" in the scanning options.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm nearly 100 that the stacking code only runs on the filename. I think what he wants to do is NOT stack his movies that are in this format anyway. Simplest solution I can think of would be to rename scene1 to scene_one, scene2 to scene_two, etc. If pcre supports ignore groups you could probably prepend something like ()[.- _]+(?Confusedcene)([a-d0-9])(\....)$ to the movie stacking regex list.
yeah sorry i misread. he wants each scene separately in the db. you can do that by preventing the stack, but then you'll have to manually change all the titles. the option to use nfo files in conjunction with preventing stacking is probably best.

(and i wasnt sure if the stacking code looked at the whole path and didnt feel like looking at the code browser on trac.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confused about library mode / videos / naming0