VNC - Remote control PC from XBMC, and XBMC from PC
this manual => http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...ine_Manual

or more specificly these articles which as use the same priciple/technique in different but similar ways:
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...et_Streams
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...-Client%29
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...reaming_TV
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Kallan001 Wrote:is it possibe to watch wat i see on my pc on my bigscreen tv through my xbox?

not like drag and drop files into the xbox, but can i watch somthing on google and click play on the pc and stream it to my Xbox and watch it on bigscreen?

I did it in two different way!

1) I installed on my pc windows media encoder and I started a streaming server that stream my pc screen. On my xbox i Wrote just one line file with the stream link, maybe something like strm://192.168.1.10:xxxx. I viewed on my tv screen the pc screen. The problem is the delay... about 3-5 secs delay (But I'm connected over 802.11b wifi conn not so quick...)

2) I installed on my xbox x-dsl linux distribution and used on it rdesktop tool. rdesktop is a terminal service client you can use to take control of your pc on the xbox.
This may be a stupid idea, but I put it out there nonetheless. I don't have a laptop, and I don't have a tv with a vga port, meaning I can't see the pc's video on my tv.
So I was wondering if it's possible to ouput it via xbmc instead? I figure it could be a hard task and potentially impossible, but I see several possibilities if this could be.

I guess it would only be possible to do it through pure software, which may need too much power.

Well I've put it out there at least... If you'd like me to elaborate I'd be more than happy.
Hi, is it possible to use XBMC to view my computer's display on the tv, as a display extender? I don't want to control the computer using the xbox, all I want is to mirror my computer's display on the tv.

Thanks,
Jeff
Hi, is it possible to use XBMC to view my computer's display on the tv, as a display extender? I don't want to control the computer using the xbox, all I want is to mirror my computer's display on the tv.

Thanks,
Jeff
jnosanov Wrote:Hi, is it possible to use XBMC to view my computer's display on the tv, as a display extender? I don't want to control the computer using the xbox, all I want is to mirror my computer's display on the tv.

Thanks,
Jeff

well, first that comes in mind, install some application on PC (there must be severals!) that captures PC's screen realtime producing anykind of videostream (mpg1/mpg2/rm/etc..) to LAN, then watch the stream with XBMC. Smile
I will check out the python script linked a few pages back but extensive googling has shown a wealth of people asking for a VNC Client/Viewer and being either misunderstood as wanting a Server or XBMC-integration of X capabilities!

All I want is someone with the skills (which i do not have) to port the VNC client/viewer to xbmc so that we can do stuff over the network on our server rather than climb under the stairs. Even if it's just "shut down"!

I think a dedicated xmbc app/plugin/script (however these things work) would be best because then it could have the same UI look and feel including on-screen keyboard that xmbc uses.

Here's how I see the controller map:

Start - Local Options Menu (Log Out, Quit, etc.)
Left + Right Trigger at same time = CTRL+ALT+DEL
Left-Thumb = Mouse axes
A = Left Mouse
B = Right Mouse
Y = Toggle On Screen Keyboard
X = Quick toggle between "Shrink Display to fit screen" (antialiased down and impossible to read text but still usable for quickly getting around) and "1:1 pixel size" (centered on current Mouse Pointer location, scroll when mouse at edges) - if you've used Opera Mini on a mobile/pda you'll understand this way of working.

Would be great, again, I'm not a XDK owner so not currently able to do this myself but I think it'd be a great app to have!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VNC - Remote control PC from XBMC, and XBMC from PC0