xTV Wrap View Mod using FanArt Backdrops
I have made a modification to the Xtv "Wrap" view to make use of fanart backdrop when available as movie-fanart.jpg along a movie.avi file...

If you want it, replace the XMC/skin/xTV/PAL16x9/CommonViewTypes.xml with this New CommonViewTypes.xml. (same in the PAL directory if you don't use the 16x9 screen format)

and the XMC/skin/xTV/PAL/MyVideo.xml with this New MyVideo.xml file.

Of course make a backup of the file before.

Enjoy
Of course, you should have the following in the folder for this to work:

movie.avi ->any movie file (not only avi of course...)
movie.tbn ->thumbnail/poster
movie-fanart.jpg ->backdrop
It looks nice but those posters are very small IMO
Jezz_X Wrote:It looks nice but those posters are very small IMO
Like that ?

If you want to see posters bigger, the CoverFlow view is probably what you need. I tend to prefer the backdrop images than the posters themselves...

It is very easy to change the size of the "focused" cover to twice bigger (). The main problem is that it can take away quite a lot of the backdrop image.
But I guess it comes down to personal preferences.

If others prefer/request this one instead, I will put up the files for download...
great job you did man, I like it..
Looks great!

I like them small too. The fanart is 100% more attractive than any poster. In fact, is there anyway you could get the non-focused posters to be semi-transparent so they detract even less from the Fanart?

Is there anyway you could do one for TV as well? Except line up the thumbs vertically for wide-banners?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:Looks great!

I like them small too. The fanart is 100% more attractive than any poster. In fact, is there anyway you could get the non-focused posters to be semi-transparent so they detract even less from the Fanart?

Is there anyway you could do one for TV as well? Except line up the thumbs vertically for wide-banners?

You mean TV Shows ? I am not sure what you mean by thumbs vertically for wide-banners ? Like organize as a small stack of them on the left side except the focused one at the bottom left and larger ?

In my case, I have enabled library for TV Shows from the home page (I used the list view for the TV Shows with TV series plots, director, etc) but I use folders for movies... I just can't use library mode to organize so many (500+) movies the way I want.

I'll work on the transparency in the meantime and see how it goes...
Kris Toff I didn't mean make the focus one 10 times bigger than the normal I just meant that if you upscaled them all buy about 20% I personally feel it would be better. But again its just personal apinion feel free to ignore it. Smile
Kris_Toff Wrote:I'll work on the transparency in the meantime and see how it goes...

Apparently, the only way to apply a diffuse transformation (transparency) to an image is through the <texture> tag. This option is not available for the <info> tag, which is used to display the ListItem.Icon image. (I have tried it in case but it doesn't work)

Unless the developers add that option to the info tag, I am not sure if there is a way to do that. At least I don't see it in any skins out there...
Sorry I wasn't very clear. But yes, a "stack" on the left of series banners with the focused one slightly larger is exactly what I'm talking about.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Kris_Toff Wrote:Apparently, the only way to apply a diffuse transformation (transparency) to an image is through the <texture> tag. This option is not available for the <info> tag, which is used to display the ListItem.Icon image. (I have tried it in case but it doesn't work)

Unless the developers add that option to the info tag, I am not sure if there is a way to do that. At least I don't see it in any skins out there...

try <texture diffuse="diffusetexture.png">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>

although a simple fade animation would do the trick as well.
Jezz_X Wrote:Kris Toff I didn't mean make the focus one 10 times bigger than the normal I just meant that if you upscaled them all buy about 20% I personally feel it would be better. But again its just personal apinion feel free to ignore it. Smile

I have a 52" tv so I can read them all fine but I understand that it could be bigger for others Wink

I will make a few different sizes and post the files tomorrow... stay tuned...

Kris
Nod
Jeroen Wrote:try <texture diffuse="diffusetexture.png">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
Thanks Jeroen, that did the trick... Wink

I had to create the diffuse files as I could not find one the textures.xpr which must be rebuilt using the xTV SVN tree.

So I am not sure it falls into the "simple hack category" anymore. But here it goes...

Here is the 25% (looks too dim):

Here is the 50% (looks better):

The thing is that I still use the "flip'd" reflection of each cover which I find pretty cool (like in the original Wrap View). Maybe another version of the view might not need it so the backdrop could be extended to the whole Y screen axis.

If I get enough requests, maybe Chi3f would be ok to add this view to HIS skin... I just hacked it without shame, but he knows about it Wink

NOTE that I haven't changed the files so that this view work in library (which should be a cake walk...)
Kris Toff if all you want to do is add a uniform transparancy (not a gradient) you can just add
<colordiffuse>BBFFFFFF</colordiffuse> to the image control
the BB is a hex value and how transperant it is and the FFFFFF is the color (Much like any color in xbmc) difussing it with white will keep its original colors

if you did somthing like <colordiffuse>FFFF0000</colordiffuse> it we be 100% visible and give everything a red tinge to it
Thanks Jezz_x,
That tag had escaped me in the Wiki ! I knew there was something like this but I couldn't remember it.

I have a long way to go to become a Team-XBMC Skinner Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xTV Wrap View Mod using FanArt Backdrops2