xTV Wrap View Mod using FanArt Backdrops
Ok I have taken into account everyone's suggestions and have 2 versions...
The Original one (which I still prefer) and the one including a full backdrop:
Both have non-focused covers transparency.

Pick up the one you prefer but remember to copy each file as CommonViewTypes.xml (in xTV/PAL16x9) and MyVideo.xml (in xTV/PAL folder).

My favorite:

Files:
CommonViewTypes-best.xml
MyVideo-best.xml

The one with full backdrop:

Files:
CommonViewTypes-fullbackdrop.xml
MyVideo-fullbackdrop.xml

Thanks to all who have clued me in this thread and
special thanks to Chi3f (and others...) for making this so awesome skin...

Enjoy !
this is an awesome view. I don't know if this constitutes thread jacking, but i was wondering if it would be possible to have this view in mediastream?
keeganl Wrote:this is an awesome view. I don't know if this constitutes thread jacking, but i was wondering if it would be possible to have this view in mediastream?

Thanks. Unfortunately, it seems that MediaStream Movie section only works with library mode (otherwise stuck with Videos).

The changes were made based on xTV which I prefer. I am trying to make this view available with the library mode for xTV as well (but adding movie information along which is available when using the video library, not in file mode, yet...)

Feel free to try it yourself tho, the files are available 2 posts earlier... it is mainly one file to modify (CommonViewTypes.xml) and I am sure it is similar in MediaStream.

Goodluck
thanks for the quick response. I'll look at the files, but i really have no clue what I am doing. Maybe some trail and error will do the trick.
I've been trying to get this working, but can't seem to have any luck. Do you need a certain rev of XBMC for this to work? And what exact paths do the files need to be in?

I am running the Aug 28th T3CH build (alpha3 I think). Do I need to be running alpha 4?

XTV is the skin I use as I still have a 4:3 SD TV Smile
rtwight Wrote:I've been trying to get this working, but can't seem to have any luck. Do you need a certain rev of XBMC for this to work? And what exact paths do the files need to be in?

I am running the Aug 28th T3CH build (alpha3 I think). Do I need to be running alpha 4?

XTV is the skin I use as I still have a 4:3 SD TV Smile

The CommonViewTypes.xml file I put out was for the 16x9 TVs. If you are using a 4x3, then overwrite the CommonViewTypes.xml file into xbmc/skin/xTV/PAL (not PAL16x9) with this one. (make a backup !)

CommonViewFile.xml for 4x3 TVs

Have fun.
would it be possable to do this for a folder ect having james bond folder in movies with a james bond movies collection and one fanart pic for the folder and seperate dvd poster for each movie. also would this be possable for tv show once again a fanart for the folder and maybe instead of dvd poster like movies it load the pre grabed thumbs for each tv ep.
i ask this because from what i understand is that what you did is put fanart in file mode which i thought was only available in library mode.
thanks
It is unlikely without some source change. The fanart.image tag is referring to a file ListItem, not a folder. I have tried several combination quickly but had no success so far.

Maybe a suggestion to the developement team/forum ?

If you have each episode as a file in this folder, it would work like any other movie file, that is using the same format in the folder:

episode1.avi
episode1-fanart.jpg
episode1.tbn
episode2.avi
etc...
Hi all. I am having trouble getting this to work. I know I'm missing something easy. I've replaced the two xml files and have the jpg in the correct format (-fanart appended to video name + .jpg) but the backdrops dont show up. The view is indeed altered, just no backdrop. I have enabled fanart in the Xtv settings so I'm stumped.

Thanks for working on this, you guys amaze me.
gferrazzano Wrote:Hi all. I am having trouble getting this to work. I know I'm missing something easy. I've replaced the two xml files and have the jpg in the correct format (-fanart appended to video name + .jpg) but the backdrops dont show up. The view is indeed altered, just no backdrop. I have enabled fanart in the Xtv settings so I'm stumped.

Thanks for working on this, you guys amaze me.

I have "patched" 3 of my friends xbmc boxes (and the 2 I got) and it worked right away... It also works like a charm using xbmc_pc...

Can you check in debug mode if you see clues about why it wouldn't work ?
I recommend the backdrop files to be like around 200k.

Does anyone have problems making this work ?

Check the log file in debug mode and report back.

g'luck :confused2:
Kris_Toff Wrote:Like that ?

If you want to see posters bigger, the CoverFlow view is probably what you need. I tend to prefer the backdrop images than the posters themselves...

It is very easy to change the size of the "focused" cover to twice bigger (). The main problem is that it can take away quite a lot of the backdrop image.
But I guess it comes down to personal preferences.

If others prefer/request this one instead, I will put up the files for download...

Hi Kris
I've tried changing pretty much most of the numbers in the commonview and myvideo but I still can't seem to change the size of the focused or any of the pictures along that x cordinates. What am I not doing ?
teesane Wrote:Hi Kris
I've tried changing pretty much most of the numbers in the commonview and myvideo but I still can't seem to change the size of the focused or any of the pictures along that x cordinates. What am I not doing ?

Search for the Major XML section that says "VideoWrapView" in CommonViewTypes.xml...
In it, there are 2 xml sections to consider:
-One section that starts with itemlayout
-One with focusedlayout.

Each of these has 4 XML elements; (2 for normal and 2 for inversed/reflection)

Those 2 XML elements are :the DVD box and the thumbnail image (cover)

You need to change the reference point and the width/height according so that they align with precision...

I see in your snapshot that you fanart backdrop image is not aligned with the reflection line (which makes it look odd)... Make its height a little bigger... (that's in myVideo.xml).

Play with it and report back. It is not that hard with try and error... I found it easier to start with the DVD boxes only (comment the 2 sections for the thumbnail image; normal and inverted) and once it is aligned, then plug back and align the cover images pixel by pixel.

ALSO, remember that you have to do it for the CommonViewTypes.xml file in the PAL folder as well so that it works for people with 4/3 TVs.
Hey Kris, thanks for the quick reply. I'm gonna test it out tonight, and post back
Hi Kris,

Love the view with the Fanart..I use Titled Icons for the DVD covers and your mod puts a black background around the DVD Icons.
Is it possible to make the background around the DVD icons transparent ? So the fanart bleeds through ?

Thanks
batrad Wrote:Hi Kris,

Love the view with the Fanart..I use Titled Icons for the DVD covers and your mod puts a black background around the DVD Icons.
Is it possible to make the background around the DVD icons transparent ? So the fanart bleeds through ?

Thanks

I think what you are talking about is the DVD jacket (box) image, not a black background...

You can always edit that part out following the information edited 2 posts below..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xTV Wrap View Mod using FanArt Backdrops2