MediaStream v0.89 Released
I still have problems with foreign characters and the clock shadow
michal Wrote:It's not practical to take them out of their folders if you have them in multipart archives.

Exactly! I should have mentioned that, they are kept in rar-archives, so it would be a total mess to move them out of their original folders.
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
As this is based around the latest T3CH builds is T3CH compiling weekly while the Alpha testing is going ahead? Definately want to use the latest version with the skin.. in the first post it says that it should be out anytime soon... anyone from TeamRazorfish got heads up?
Nothing more than it'll hopefully be coming soon I'm afraid
yoci

Sorry to see that you are having issues with the foreign characters. Time for me to do a bit more research and see exactly whats going on.

D
yoci Wrote:I still have problems with foreign characters and the clock shadow

JustMeD is going to look at the chars but for the clock, can you tell me which language you are using? I've done lots of tests with different time formats but you seem to be using a time format I've not tested. Oo
I had a problem with this release stretching the font and certain views on my plasma TV. I'm guessing it's the new 4:3 features coming into effect.
It's probably to do with some auto-detection of screen resolutions because mine is 1024x768 which is a 4:3 ratio for monitors but it's 16:9 for plasma TVs with non-square pixels.
I had this problem before (see here) but it got fixed.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:JustMeD is going to look at the chars but for the clock, can you tell me which language you are using? I've done lots of tests with different time formats but you seem to be using a time format I've not tested. Oo

I'm using swedish but the clock shadow is only misplaced between 0:00 and 9:59am
first of all, big big thanks for your absolutly great skin.

to the release:
weather on startup still doesnt work for me. i have first to refresh my hometown,then it will be displayed.

how are the plans for a 1080i (lite) version of this skin? i prefer this resolution, and i think some others too.
Hitcher Wrote:I had a problem with this release stretching the font and certain views on my plasma TV. I'm guessing it's the new 4:3 features coming into effect.
It's probably to do with some auto-detection of screen resolutions because mine is 1024x768 which is a 4:3 ratio for monitors but it's 16:9 for plasma TVs with non-square pixels.
I had this problem before (see here) but it got fixed.

Fixed it by deleting the PAL folder.

Any chance you could make 16:9 the default and have the skin only switch to 4:3 mode via an option?
Hitcher Wrote:Fixed it by deleting the PAL folder.

Any chance you could make 16:9 the default and have the skin only switch to 4:3 mode via an option?

720p is the default res for both 16:9 and 4:3, it should only pick up the font from the 4:3 folder if XBMC thinks your resolution would be best displayed with a 4:3 skin. I think you'll just need to delete the PAL folder as you have done to stop it using the PAL font and dimensions.
I think there should be a few more view for music. Like some of the ones in pm3
Are u considering implementing a few more? I know its no point in having 1000 of views but i think a couple of more would be nice
Hi,

I'd like to ask if this skin would work on an SDTV (PAL) set with 16:9 aspect ratio? Granted, that sounds pretty legacy compared to neat HDTV sets, but as HDTV broadcasts didn't pick up momentum here in Germany in the last couple of years a lot of XBMC users I know still go with there PAL screens.
After seeing the screenshots I've to admit that I'm strongly tempted to switch from PM3 to this skin. Excellent work!
It appears to work okay.
I have to say.. I'm on a SD 4:3, and i'm stunned with how good your work is on the new 4:3! Fantasic.
As a systems analyst, say the word and i'll raise issues against the 4:3 version.

Brian

Halo_3 Wrote:Hi,

I'd like to ask if this skin would work on an SDTV (PAL) set with 16:9 aspect ratio? Granted, that sounds pretty legacy compared to neat HDTV sets, but as HDTV broadcasts didn't pick up momentum here in Germany in the last couple of years a lot of XBMC users I know still go with there PAL screens.
After seeing the screenshots I've to admit that I'm strongly tempted to switch from PM3 to this skin. Excellent work!
I just tested the skin (0.89) which came bundled with the latest t3ch release (SVN rev15293) on my PAL 16:9 100Hz Samsung TV set.
The first impression was possitive, yet I had to switch back to PM3 for the following reasons:

- The font is to small, changing the font ("Bigger" or "Massive" if I recall it correctly) doesn't seem to have any effect. Thus most of the text was hard to read or even unreadable (f.e. the plot details in the movie section).
- Some characters flicker stronger than in PM3 (f.e. "m"). Even with the flicker filter turned on (level 2) it's noticeable, changes in the level of the flicker filter didn't stop this. That might be related to the typographical structure of the used font, as it effects only certain letters.

If this can be changed by editing some config files I'd be glad to do more testing if pointed to the necesarry steps. Otherwise I think I'll have to wait for another release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.89 Released0