Android Kodi on Android TV Insufficient Memory
A few edits. Removed extra / and added /<to> After thumbnails.

Unfortunately still no success. New thumbnails folder created with folders but no pics. Not reading SDCard

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/thumbnails/<from>
<to>/storage/4592-4D05/thumbnails/<to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
(2022-01-13, 17:17)themusj Wrote: Unfortunately still no success. New thumbnails folder created with folders but no pics. Not reading SDCard

Paths are case-sensitive in Unix-based OSes, and the default "Thumbnails" folder starts with a capital "T". So try fixing that. I assume you're at least exiting Kodi via it's power button before making these changes.
(2022-01-13, 17:17)themusj Wrote: A few edits. Removed extra / and added /<to> After thumbnails.

Unfortunately still no success. New thumbnails folder created with folders but no pics. Not reading SDCard

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
<videolibrary>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

You didn't close <from>...</from> and <to>...</to> correctly.

xml:
<advancedsettings>
    <pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://masterprofile/thumbnails/</from>
            <to>/storage/4592-4D05/thumbnails/</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
    <videolibrary>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Yes powering off and no instance of it running before applying changed file.

No success with new edits.

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://Masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>/storage/4592-4D05/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
<videolibrary>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
I don't know if it matters, but my file starts with:

<advancedsettings version="1.0">

Also, I don't know if Kodi cares, but I've only ever seen "masterprofile" written in all lower case.

Beyond that, check your log file. It should indicate whether the path substitution was recognized. Also ensure that Kodi has Android "Storage" privileges, though I don't know if you'd have gotten that far without it. And double-check the path you're using. You should be able to "adb shell ls" it, for example.
Got it! Thank you all and Crawfish for not giving up on me. I have to play with it some to figure out what I changed that finally fixed it. They pull up pretty quick being on my SDCard. The final version is below. I put the thumbnails in a Kodi folder.

<advancedsettings>="1.0">
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
      <to>/storage/4592-4D05/Kodi/Thumbnails/</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>
  <videolibrary> 
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
I do have a question now that this working. The thumbnails in the local Kodi installs is not generated from the Export Library function correct? When I do an Export Library which puts the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg and .nfo files on my NAS, these thumbnails do not show up in the movie or TV folders.

So these local thumbnails I just was able to move to my SDCard are generated how and specifically refer to what in Kodi. I am trying to differentiate them from the graphics on my NAS.
Answered here I see.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork/Cache
Hey all, sorry if this has been asked but I need help with my Sony X85J TV and KODI. It is running out of space and I've tried some of the solutions listed here, I'm just not sure that I have things correct.
On this TV, you cant read write to and USB due to write protections, i tried formatting NTFS, exfat and fat32 but this didn't make a difference. After this I tried the following editing the advancedsettings.xml hoping I could access the Thumbnails through the Network:

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>PROTOCOL://smb:/192.168.1.20/Android/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

I also tried to create a xbmc_env.properties and put it in the root, however the screen went black and back to the home screen. In this file I tried the following:

xbmc.data=/storage/E06E-DE9D/Android/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/ however this wouldn't work due to Android usb permissions.

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong here and would really appreciate help from anyone.

Thanks in advance!
(2022-06-12, 15:33)Hashybot Wrote: <to>PROTOCOL://smb:/192.168.1.20/Android/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails</to>

I'm pretty sure you can leave out PROTOCOL:// in netwerk paths.
Also you don't need to copy the full Android path onto the Samba network source.
//smb:/192.168.1.20/kodi/thumbnails would be my choice for a path.
Thanks, this worked, one last question, is it possible to move other folders via smb the same. For example the Addons folder so having both Thumbnails and Addons in the advancedsettings.xml.
I've had success with Addons_data but I'm having trouble with Addons, this is what I have so far... any help is always appreciated. Smile

<advancedsettings>
 <pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
    <to>smb://192.168.1.20/kodi/thumbnails</to>
  </substitute>
  <substitute>
    <from>special://addons</from>
    <to>smb://192.168.1.20/kodi/addons</to>
  </substitute>
 <substitute>
    <from>special://masterprofile/addon_data</from>