• 2(current)
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi
(2022-04-02, 11:29)Buff Wrote: Hi Christian, wondered if you could help - I just tried to install your repo (both the master and dev ones) and I get a failed install. Just installed a completely different repo and it all installed fine. I'm on Matrix 19.4 (2nd April build). Any ideas? Am I installing the wrong one?

Also, part of the reason I was looking to use AKL is because I use AEL at the moment and I'm trying to have a section for Sega Model 2 and Model 3 games in one - I did manage this some years ago with AEL by having a main application set for all games and then going into each M3 game and applying a different application. But I've been trying this again recently and the alternative application option doesn't seem to work - I was going to post on the main AEL thread about this and then saw your fork and it sounded as if I might be able to do what I want with AKL, would that be correct?

Many thanks
To be honest I don't know why the repository installing is an issue. If you have any logs or more details I could check it out. Did you try it by downloading the zip file locally? I am currently still on 19.3, but I dont think they changed anything between the two minor versions of Kodi.

Concerning your point about the different launchers issue, that is indeed exactly one of the differences with AKL. Of course it might be that at some point we port this back to AEL, but for now it is only in AKL. You can simply create a collection, scan your games (you can add multiple scanners also) and simply add two launchers to the collection. It is also possible to set it per ROM though.

Let me know if you have more about the repository installing or the collections. Keep in mind that there are still loose ends which I havent properly converted yet from AEL, but the basics are all there.
Thanks Christian - yes I downloaded the file directly from github. I also downloaded and tried installing plugin.program.akl-master.zip - would that be the correct one? Happy to provide the full log but from what I can see the error is;

"CAddonInstallJob[plugin.program.akl]: requires script.module.akl version 1.0.2 which is not available
2022-04-02 10:54:52.901 T:15940   ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[plugin.program.akl]: The dependency on script.module.akl version 1.0.2 could not be satisfied."

Many thanks for the info regarding the launchers - looking forward to giving this a go.
(2022-04-02, 12:02)Buff Wrote: Thanks Christian - yes I downloaded the file directly from github. I also downloaded and tried installing plugin.program.akl-master.zip - would that be the correct one? Happy to provide the full log but from what I can see the error is;

"CAddonInstallJob[plugin.program.akl]: requires script.module.akl version 1.0.2 which is not available
2022-04-02 10:54:52.901 T:15940   ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[plugin.program.akl]: The dependency on script.module.akl version 1.0.2 could not be satisfied."

Many thanks for the info regarding the launchers - looking forward to giving this a go.
AKL and all plugins for AKL have a dependency on script.module.akl addon. Also available in my repository. So to be able to install it you already need to have it installed in Kodi or the repository system of Kodi needs to know where to get it.
Install one of the following zip files in Kodi:
https://github.com/chrisism/repository.c...-1.0.2.zip (for dev/beta)
https://github.com/chrisism/repository.c...-1.1.0.zip (fot stable)

These are my repository addons. When installed this should give you access to my repository from within Kodi. It is better to install AKL from there. Did you install the stable version of the repository?
Installing the addons through Kodi addon management is the preferred way to go. Also, if you have access to the repository from within Kodi, you can then go and install all desired launchers, scanners and scrapers. You will need those too if you want to get the full experience.
Thanks Christian, I had downloaded these two repositories "repository.chrisism-master.zip" & "repository.chrisism.dev-main.zip" and they failed to install. The ones above install fine, so currently setting things up.

Thanks for your help
(2022-04-02, 15:37)Buff Wrote: Thanks Christian, I had downloaded these two repositories "repository.chrisism-master.zip" & "repository.chrisism.dev-main.zip" and they failed to install. The ones above install fine, so currently setting things up.

Thanks for your help

Did you perhaps got the zip files through going to github, press code button and download as zip? Because that will actually download the git repository, not the kodi repository. Or did I leave a wrong link somewhere? Let me know so I can update documentation. Have fun and let me know how to experience is and if any issues are there.
Hi Christian, yes you're correct, I did get them via github via the links in the 1st post.

Thanks
Good day sir . 

So I just found your addon its awesome. Thanks for your work.

i have a few questions and suggestions. 
1. How do I add Retroarch example NES? 
I see go to add new launcher, then retrorch, then it asks where is config ,  I see retro config in file explorer by not launcher.  

2. Can you add the skin laskins from most current AEL ? 
I don't know what they called but thiers a few more than you have. Just wondering.
Sorry forgot to mention I'm on android.
(2022-05-01, 02:16)Retro Devil 2 Wrote: Good day sir . 

So I just found your addon its awesome. Thanks for your work.

i have a few questions and suggestions. 
1. How do I add Retroarch example NES? 
I see go to add new launcher, then retrorch, then it asks where is config ,  I see retro config in file explorer by not launcher.  

2. Can you add the skin laskins from most current AEL ? 
I don't know what they called but thiers a few more than you have. Just wondering.

Thanks, nice to hear. Of course it is simply an adaptation of AEL, so a lot is the same.

1. The Retroarch launcher first asks for the Retroarch app directory. In general something like /system/data/com.retroarch. In the following selection dialog you can either browse for a configuration file manually or choose one that the addon already found by looking in the default directories. If there is none there and you cannot find a configuration file by browsing, then you want to startup Retroarch yourself and go to 'Configurations' and save current configuration or save it as a new configuration. In Retroarch if you go to the settings you have an option to specify directory folders and then also the default location of the configuration files. You can change that in something that is accessible for kodi. First you can try the save config step and see if it can find it then. If not, try to store it in a different location.

2. Most skins that support AEL should work with AKL too, depending on how the skin is made. If they check explicitly if AEL is active it will not work. But have a try and let me know. I will update the documentation to give some more feedback about how to optimize skins for AKL. Hopefully the creators will pick it up soon. Perhaps I can help out there, I'll have a look too.  

Now the most important part and probably the most annoying one.
I am on android myself too and since the android 11 update there is a major problem that stops us from actually launching other apps. Android has locked out the ability to execute other apps in general, or it looks like that anyway. So until we find a solution for this we cannot launch apps/emulators. Not on AKL, not on AEL or IAGL or any similar launcher. Older versions of android might have better results.
I am still trying to find a solution, hopefully there will be one soon enough. Or you are stuck with Retroplayer for now.
Check and bump in the thread here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3094521 for hopefully a solution from Kodi.
1. Ok whats weird is I saved all Retriarch stuff to /storage/emulated/0/Retroarch/ 
Launcher acts like it can read it but when I set directory then auto found retroarch config nothing. It asks for additional arguments if i remeber right. I have this arguments from ael launchers i have made.  

2. Ok Im using artic zephyr 2 and with ael I got around 6 layouts with akl I have 3.

3. Interesting.  I'm on android 10 atm . I thought the scooped storage (as they call it) wasn't a issue with iagl or ael interesting.
(2022-05-01, 17:36)Retro Devil 2 Wrote: 1. Ok whats weird is I saved all Retriarch stuff to /storage/emulated/0/Retroarch/ 
Launcher acts like it can read it but when I set directory then auto found retroarch config nothing. It asks for additional arguments if i remeber right. I have this arguments from ael launchers i have made.  

2. Ok Im using artic zephyr 2 and with ael I got around 6 layouts with akl I have 3.

3. Interesting.  I'm on android 10 atm . I thought the scooped storage (as they call it) wasn't a issue with iagl or ael interesting.
Can you provide some kodi logs else? I might be able to have a better look. Check the topic start for instructions. You will need to change the log level for the Retroarch launcher addon too.
And yes, it is basically the same execution since the android launch code in AEL is created by me actually. I left most intact with AKL. Hopefully the logs can get us more info.
I will be away for a couple of days so I might respond a bit later though.

I am making an editted version of Aeon Nox Silvo myself with game support, but I will check out artic zephyr. I might be able to send them some code to get it working for AKL too. I'll have a go with it myself.

Since much of the codebase between akl, ael and iagl have the same origin or background, they will have the same issues. But I am keeping an eye out on their threads too, to see if anybody is making progress. As I said, as far as I am aware it is with Android 11. Before the last big Nvidia Shield android update it was working perfectly on my box.
I can gladly send logs from AKL . Take me a while to reoroduce though.
AEL launched fine on android 10 for a while but then all of a sudden (using standard retroarch) if i scan games it breaks . All games lost dissapear i have to delete categories.xml or AEL won't open at all.

Atm I'm fine using AEL with only retroplayer .  I will be switching over to AKL on my next build update . I'm in the process of forking kodi to make a legal kodi retro frontend . I have a build and wizard aassembled just need to fork .
I'm very glad other people such as you like kodi enough to launch games through it .

I think its awesome .
(2022-05-02, 18:10)Retro Devil 2 Wrote: I can gladly send logs from AKL . Take me a while to reoroduce though.
AEL launched fine on android 10 for a while but then all of a sudden (using standard retroarch) if i scan games it breaks . All games lost dissapear i have to delete categories.xml or AEL won't open at all.

Atm I'm fine using AEL with only retroplayer .  I will be switching over to AKL on my next build update . I'm in the process of forking kodi to make a legal kodi retro frontend . I have a build and wizard aassembled just need to fork .

I'm glad that RetroPlayer is working fine and hasn't caught fire yet. I fully support your retro frontend and want to see it when it's finished! Let me know if you need help getting up and running with Kodi.
RetroPlayer releases: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases

Donations: eigendude.eth
(2022-05-02, 18:10)Retro Devil 2 Wrote: I can gladly send logs from AKL . Take me a while to reoroduce though.

Weird, using a specific launcher shouldnt be impacting scanning of games. But logs for the AEL part are also fine, since I have been helping out often enough and AKL is based on the same code. Also what I mentioned before, the launching part should actually be an issue with android 11, not 10. Any logs will do and I'll share my findings with Wintermute from AEL.
And of course, when you have the fork and build up, let it know. Always interested.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi0