• 65(current)
Mod Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition
Hi all

I have several folders added as separate video sources, for instance these 2 containing movies:
"...\Kids movies"
"...\Horror movies"

I have created customized home menu items for each of these sources and that is working. But the problem is that the movie widgets in the home menu, like Recently added movies, will show movies from all the movie sources, instead of just the actual source. So for instance a movie added to the "...\Horror movies" folder, will also appear as a recently added movie in the home menu in the  "...\Kids movies" menu item.

I would like the widgets to only show movies related to the specific folder/video source and I have looked at several posts regarding this, but I cant seem to find clear and understandable guide for setting this up. So any help regarding this would be very much appreciated.

Also, what is the recommendable approach for making these home menu items for separated folders - I see different posts suggesting different approaches like using Video sources, Smartplaylists, node editor, favorite links etc.

Best regards and thanks in advance
Imbizile
A safe way is using profiles. Create seperate profiles for kids and parents and protect them with passwords. Assign kids movies + horror movies as sources to the parental profile, kids movies only to the kids profile and you are good.

Also see Wiki: https://kodi.wiki/view/Profiles
Thanks for the profiles suggestion. I tried setting this up with separate Media info and separate Media sources and it does seem to do the job.

Bonus question: Even though I choose to copy default, instead of the fresh start, i have to start from scratch on each profiles. So install all addons (including Estuary MOD V2) again and customize all settings again from scratch on each profile - is this intended behavior?

If so, this would mean that every time I change a minor setting, I will have to do that on each profile.
(2024-04-05, 11:44)imbizile Wrote: is this intended behavior?

If so, this would mean that every time I change a minor setting, I will have to do that on each profile.
Yes. Profiles are complete independend from each other.
Thanks for the answer

Another question and not really sure if this is a skin related, but right now, favorites are pretty much limited to the title and poster. Is there a way to get the same or similar views on your favorites, as you do in movies/tv show?
Now Kodi 21 Omega is officially released, what's the best order to install it and the Estuary MOD V2 for Omega without loosing the settings for Estuary MOD V2?
Just overwrite Nexus with Omega, start Kodi Omega, and update skin? Or will that give problems?
Or start Kodi Omega and use a new repository or zip for the Omega Version of Estuary MOD V2 to overwrite?
(2024-04-07, 12:22)Lessram Wrote: Just overwrite Nexus with Omega, start Kodi Omega, and update skin?

Usually yes. Install the Kodinerds repo addon (see post #1), install the skin from there and you'll be fine.
(2024-04-07, 12:22)Lessram Wrote: Or will that give problems?

Usually no. Wink

(2024-04-06, 13:38)imbizile Wrote: Another question and not really sure if this is a skin related, but right now, favorites are pretty much limited to the title and poster. Is there a way to get the same or similar views on your favorites, as you do in movies/tv show?

As long you can insert everything else into the favorites (not only movies/tv shows) there's a limitation to title and poster.

Having an issue with Kodi Omega as seen above.  With 4K movies some of the codec information is not being displayed.  This worked fine with Kodi Nexus.  I see the same issue with the regular Estuary skin.  Any suggestions?
Open an issue on Kodi bug tracker. Upload screenshots from the same view from Nexus and Omega Use the stock Estuary skin. Also upload mediainfo from the affected file (mediainfo is a small application available for Windows/Linux).

EDIT: Found a similar report here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=376966
first time trying to install from Flahub .. even though it lists v21 as released and what I'm about to install it sends me 20.5.

Now I realize this is not the Kodi support, but just wondering if I have to upgrade to 20.5 before 21 .. or just that the upgrade files still hasn't propagated completely on Flathub?

Thanks in advance /dibblah
Took a chance and installed the flatpack even though it said 20.5, and it installed 21.

But it didn’t overwrite the old 20.2 installed from a repository or import videos & settings from it.

Just an empty Kodi 21.

Is that even possible or do I have to start over with the flatpack installed 21?
in poster wall view, title & year for movies/tv shows not showing even though it's enabled in settings. this is for the latest update for kodi 21 & omega kn edition. is this a known problem? will there be a fix in a future update?
Was a bug (missing visibility condition). Has already fixed on Github.
21.2.0+omega.13

• missing condition for labels in wall view fixed (Post #972)
With the release of Kodi v21, is it now possible to make text not justified? For instance, on the left hand side of the movie/show/episode summary panel for list/wide list/infowall view types. I feel it makes it very difficult to read. It's not a huge deal or anything, but more of an accessibility thing

Previously I believe you concluded it wasn't adjustable, but was wondering if maybe the newer version of Kodi allows for skins to change it.

Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to the community, it's greatly appreciated!
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition0