• 2(current)
Release Mezzmo Kodi addon UPnP/DLNA Library Sharing Support Thread
@RaspiRo 

If you still have problems with the addon discovering your Synology server, please try downloading version 2.1.4.4l .  I tweaked the SSDP TTL discovery timers to be more forgiving on newer networks.  This is something I had planed to do in the past but hadn't gotten around to it.  You can also set the Server Discovery Timer back to 5 seconds. 

Please let me know if this works.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Under Pictures-Addons I have the Mezzmo Addon.
When I start it I see the progress bar. It tells me it found 2 upnp Servers.
The only one it displays is the RaspPi. The Synology server is missing.
https://bit.ly/3uLwG6p

There is no no change with server timeout  set to 10 or even 30 seconds.
??
Ok.  It looks like the Synology server is being discovered but something the addon is getting back from it is keeping it from being displayed.  Are you able to get to the kodi.log file ?  If so, you will see something like this in the logs after you start the addon:

2022-02-13 14:37:45.604 T:13668  NOTICE: Mezzmo server search: 9 uPNP servers found.
2022-02-13 14:37:45.628 T:13668  NOTICE: Mezzmo uPNP server url: http://192.168.0.35:32469/DeviceDescription.xml
2022-02-13 14:37:45.859 T:13668  NOTICE: Mezzmo uPNP server url: http://192.168.0.35:2869/upnphost/udhisapi.dll?c
2022-02-13 14:37:46.104 T:13668  NOTICE: Mezzmo uPNP server url: http://192.168.0.106:80/dms/device.xml
2022-02-13 14:37:46.356 T:13668  NOTICE: Mezzmo uPNP server url: http://192.168.0.104:80/dms/device.xml

In your case it should 2 uPNP servers found and provide a URL similar to these.  Can you look after these entries and see if you see any Exception errors in the log ?  If so, can you post it here so I can see what is happening ?

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2022-02-13, 21:05)RaspiRo Wrote: Under Pictures-Addons I have the Mezzmo Addon.
When I start it I see the progress bar. It tells me it found 2 upnp Servers.
The only one it displays is the RaspPi. The Synology server is missing.
https://bit.ly/3uLwG6p

There is no no change with server timeout  set to 10 or even 30 seconds.
??

I've uploaded version 2.1.4.4m which adds more checking on what is being returned from the uPNP servers and will ignore invalid or missing information.  Can you please try this version and let me know if your Synology uPNP server shows up in the server list ?

Thanks,

Jeff
Star 
Hi Jeff
You're my hero of the day.
Your version 2.1.4.4m. does the trick. I get my server listed now and can display my photos and even run a slide show. Great!
Thanks a lot for your work and fantastic support!
Roland
(2022-02-14, 20:30)RaspiRo Wrote: Hi Jeff
Your version 2.1.4.4m. does the trick. I get my server listed now and can display my photos and even run a slide show. Great!
Roland

Roland,

Great news and thanks for confirming.  Let me know if you have any other issues or feedback.   The slideshow feature has 3  controls:  Pause, Resume / Play and Stop.  One thing I have noticed is that depending on your remote control you may need to hit pause twice.  You can also adjust the display time in the Timers section of the settings (2 - 20 seconds).   The default is 3 seconds.

Jeff
The official production releases of the Kodi 18 1.1.4.4 and Kodi 19 2.1.4.4 versions of the Mezzmo Kodi addon have been published.  The 2.1.4.4 test code is no longer available.  Here are the major enhancements for these new releases:

Major Features
  • Automatic software updates of the addon going forward or manual updates viat
    the Kodi GUI with the ability to select a version, including rollback to a prior version.
  • Enhanced uPNP and multi-server support to allow browsing of one server while
    retaining Mezzmo sync in the background. Now your Mezzmo addon can be your
    single uPNP Kodi addon.
  • Significant enhancements viewing pictures including a new slideshow viewer with
    adjustable display time and the ability to display pictures via the addon within
    Kodi no matter where it is launched from Pictures, Video or Music.

Here's a link to the full release note detail history.

Many thanks to those who helped with the testing across the various uPNP platforms.

Thanks, 

Jeff
(2022-02-14, 20:30)RaspiRo Wrote: Hi Jeff
Roland

Now that you've had some time to use the updated picture viewing features, I had a question regarding functionality.  Right now the slideshow menu comes up automatically if you have the setting enabled.  This means if you have folders and pictures at the same level in the folder hierarchy that you have to cancel out of the slideshow menu to click on the folder to get to the next level.  I've been thinking about removing the automatic slideshow prompt menu and instead make it a right click context menu option called "Advanced Viewing" or similar.  So instead of the automatic prompt you right click on any picture in your list and chose this new option to get to the same menu which comes up automatically.  I am not sure it is worth changing or not but was looking for an opinion ?  If you don't have pictures and folders at the same level then it really won't matter.

Jeff
Updated releases of the Mezzmo Kodi addon version 1.1.4.6 for Kodi 18 and version 2.1.4.6 for Kodi 19 have been posted.

New feature
  • Added context menu item for all pictures to be able to launch Mezzmo addon slideshow viewer.

The slideshow viewer can now be launched via the context menu regardless of whether the slideshow auto detect is enabled or not in the addon settings.  This new approach moves the slideshow to a database driven feature and I've tested with up to 1,000 pictures in a slideshow.  If you have version 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 installed this new release will be updated automatically.  Otherwise you can use the links above.

Thanks,

Jeff
Updated releases of the Mezzmo Kodi addon version 1.1.4.7 for Kodi 18 and version 2.1.4.7 for Kodi 19 have been posted.

New features
  • Added initial support for Kodi v20 Nexus
  • Additional code cleanup and optimization for the Logs & Performance Stats reporting.
  • Improved metadata for non-Mezzmo uPNP servers including actors, directors and genre.

If you have versions 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 and higher installed this new release will be updated automatically.  Otherwise you can use the links above.  There will likely be one more release in the next week, as I continue to maximize the metadata presentation from the various uPNP servers.  Unfortunately the uPNP providers don't all agree of XML variable names and location in the returned XML documents.  It is taking some time to reverse engineer but this release has improvements for Kodi and Plex servers and the metadata being presented.. 

Thanks,

Jeff
Updated releases of the Mezzmo Kodi addon version 1.1.5.0 for Kodi 18 and version 2.1.5.0 for Kodi 19 have been posted.

New features and fixes
  • Additional metadata for uPNP servers including MPAA rating, playcount,
    user rating, tagline and artwork.
  • Fixed bug where Kodi database manual clearing would fail if uPNP servers
    were displayed.

** Note: versions 1.1.4.8, 1.14.9, 2.1.4.8 and 2.1.4.9 were pulled due to minor bugs they introduced.

If you have versions 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 and higher installed this new release will be updated automatically.  Otherwise you can use the links above.  Note that the metadata presented by Kodi will be limited by what each uPNP provider makes available. 

Thanks,

Jeff
I am looking for some input on whether a feature that would allow you to export tables from the Kodi database to a CSV file would be of use to folks ?  I don't see an existing addon which does this (but I could have missed it).  I am thinking of adding this capability to the Mezzmo addon as a setting, which means you don't have to be running a uPNP server or similar.  You would simply go into the setting, click on the database export option, select which table you want to export and it would output a CSV file for that table (i.e. movie, episode, tvshow, actor etc..).  It would do an entire table export with headers so it would be independent of the source which populated the table. 

I've already written the csv export routine.  I would just need to write the menus to allow selection of the table and add some error handling.  This would mean no more using SQL Lite tools and similar just to get a snapshot of a table.  If there is interest I can have something ready in a few days.

Jeff
Updated releases of the Mezzmo Kodi addon version 1.1.5.1 for Kodi 18 and version 2.1.5.1 for Kodi 19 have been posted.

New features and fixes
-  Added CSV export capability for Kodi and Mezzmo addon databases.
-  Modified Logs & Stats GUI reporting limit to the 2,000 most recent records.
   Older records can be access via the new CSV export utility.
-  Added inserting the Mezzmo audio track language field to the Kodi DB
   streamdetails table.  Previously just the codec type and # of channels
   were inserted.
-  Fixed improper duration information from Twonky uPNP servers impacting
   displaying music and videos.
-  Fixed artist information from Windows 10 uPNP servers.
-  Fixed displaying some audio tracks from Tversity uPNP servers.

If you have versions 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 and higher installed this new release will be updated automatically.  Otherwise you can use the links above.  Note that the metadata presented by Kodi will be limited by what each uPNP provider makes available. 

Thanks,

Jeff
Version 1.1.5.3 and 2.1.5.3 of the Mezzmo Kodi addon have been posted.  You can download them directly or if you are already running versions 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 or higher then the updates will be automatic.

In addition I finally got around to writing a Wiki page for the addon.  I've tried to provide an overview of the addon, the settings, the numerous features and more.  I've also tried to capture the advantages of a Mezzmo - Kodi solution to alleviate many of the issues I see daily in the forums around metadata issues, Kodi DB issues, resume point sharing / saving / restoring and so much more.  Many of these issues are automatic, alleviated or eliminated  with a Mezzmo - Kodi addon solution.  I like to spend my time adding and watching content, not managing clients, databases and similar.  There is a much easier way.

Feedback is welcome. 

Jeff
I've spent the past week updating the Mezzmo Kodi addon Wiki.  There is now a lot of content there with major sections on How it works, Getting started, Settings, Managing Your Library, Logs & Statistics, Library Views, uPNP servers and more.  I also added a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, lots of screen shots and more.  There are very specific topics on adding content, removing content, sharing across Kodi devices, parental controls, movie sets, resume point sharing, managing and locking metadata, playlists and much more. 

I hope you find this useful and feedback is welcome.

Jeff
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mezzmo Kodi addon UPnP/DLNA Library Sharing Support Thread0