MediaStream v0.96.5 Released (03/11/2008)
first of all thanks for all the work you guy are putting in to making this amazing skin compatible with smaller SD tv's. With my odd tv there a still some outstanding issues. Its wide screen 16.9 but is detected as 4.3 (by XBMC) so its may only be me seeing these problems. I am using the bigger font in all these examples

first the context menu overshoots its dialogue box

videos
as you can see the screen is aliened right this is so that everything on the home blade remains on screen

Tv shows

movies
in the moves context only "remove from library" slightly overlaps

secondly when play a track that is highlighted and scrolling this happens

the third thing is in the add/edit source dialogue "Set Content" is displayed as
"et Content"

if any one else can confirm they are seeing these issues it may help the team to fix them. I am happy to do any testing the that may need doing on theses or any other issues
Delete the PAL folder in the skin.
thanks for the tip but unless i'm mistaken that just removes the bigger font set completely. it dose remove the problems i described but the font size settings have no effect and default is and it to small for me.

would I not get the same effect just changing to default in setting with the (PAL folder intact) I have try both and the text sizes are comparable but nether big enough for my needs.

What I really want is the bigger font size as it is which is fine for most things but just a bit big for some of the dialogue boxes. From looking at the aspect ratio in screen shots it clearly gone a bit wrong but I'm struggling to understand how removing the PAL folder fixes A PAL TVHuh

with PAL folder

without PAL folder

as you can see the difference in text size is dramatic
Thumbs Up 
i just reloaded xbmc with latest version of media skin.
my last install showed a small band bio to the left of each artist as i scrolled past them. not that will not show up again. all i get is NO THUMB.
what happened to that?

solved............
Thumbs Up 
how is this supposed to work.
if i launch it from the music tab, i get a black screen with a square bubble in it.
if i add the source all seems okay but it doesnt scrap anything.

any help.

solved....
Thumbs Up 
another item is i dont have fan art in the background anymore on my seasons.

when i used to open weeds. i would see all 4 seasons and then a poster in the background, now all i have is that default background.

any way to get this back.

solved.....
Question 
First of all let me say this is a beautiful skin! Smile

Saying that I do have some issues which may not be the fault of the skin but my use of it! But I’m hoping someone on here can help.

BTW I'm using the skin on an XBOX.

Firstly when I select 'TV Shows' from the main menu it defaults to Llibrary mode. In this mode it won’t show any episode that is in DVD format only those in .avi! The only way round this is to change to File listing and I can then play the DVD format TV Shows. However the next time I go into ‘TV Shows’ it is again in ‘Library’ mode.

Secondly when I select ‘Movies’ new films do not appear when in library mode when I scan for new content. To get a film listed I have to change to ‘File’ mode, locate the new film and do a manual scan.

Lastly if I delete a movie from my folder it does not disappear from my list of films within the library. I have to select and manually remove it from the library.

Can anyone give me any indicators on how I solve any of these issues?

Thanks in advance
marlboroman1 Wrote:first of all thanks for all the work you guy are putting in to making this amazing skin compatible with smaller SD tv's. With my odd tv there a still some outstanding issues. Its wide screen 16.9 but is detected as 4.3 (by XBMC) so its may only be me seeing these problems.

I'm not sure why you are getting the problem where the skin is not being properly sized on your screen, have you tried playing about with the Settings->Appearance->Screen settings? (video calibration etc)

The issues you raised with the 4x3 have mostly been fixed for the next release (the width of the context menus, the vertical positioning of the media count value in the bottom right and the width of the buttons on the Media Source dialog)
Found a couple of more minor things:

In AMT, the file count is not centered vertically(example)

There is a 1 pixel glitch on the left side of the rss feed(example, view at 100% to see it)

Thanks!
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
Hi yea i have the same thing as marlboroman1 with the weird overlapping on selected tracks

seems to be fixed on 0.97Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.96.5 Released (03/11/2008)1