Editing Sideblade menu
Hi, I am developing a picture addon. I want to change the sideblade menu but couldn't find any documentation regarding this. Specifically, I want to change the way the filter option works (if not possible, I would like to add another custom filtering button). I want to present the user with a list of options when using filter. How can I do this?
(2022-03-25, 20:19)pransin Wrote: Hi, I am developing a picture addon. I want to change the sideblade menu but couldn't find any documentation regarding this. Specifically, I want to change the way the filter option works (if not possible, I would like to add another custom filtering button). I want to present the user with a list of options when using filter. How can I do this?

Here's what I use for some of my content:

xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(addon_handle, xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_UNSORTED)
    xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(addon_handle, xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_DATE)
    xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(addon_handle, xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_TITLE_IGNORE_THE)
    xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(addon_handle, xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_VIDEO_YEAR)
    xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(addon_handle, xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_GENRE)
    xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(addon_handle, xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_DURATION)
    xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(addon_handle)

Here's the link to the full set of sort options.  I am not sure you can create a custom sort option beyond these but there may be other ways to do the same thing, depending upon what you are trying to do.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Thanks for the reply. Actually, I can't use those options because my plugin paginates the media list and the default sorting methods would work only for the items loaded in that window. I'll use a remote server to directly get filtered results.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Editing Sideblade menu0