Solved Remote suddenly stopped working properly
Hi guys,

after years of silently following these forums and receiving a lot of help, I finally have to open my first thread, as I am facing a problem, that I just can't solve.
Yesterday, my remote (Orbsmart WA-1) suddenly started to behave extremely strange. It won't recognise button presses properly anymore in Kodi. It always works for a few seconds, then stops working for a few seconds, then works again...and so on. I am running Kodi on a Windows 10 machine and this behaviour continues even if switch out of Kodi to any other Windows App. But as soon as I kill Kodi, the remote works perfectly fine again.
Do you guys have any idea what's going on here and how to solve it? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English, it's not my first language.

Kind Regards
Dopex
Ensure your batteries are fresh and clean the output/input lens.  Shift in signals (older age LEDs changing freq etc), might have to re-establish the drivers, or some decode routine is swamped?
Thanks for your reply, PatK!

Batteries are fresh and lenses should not be a problem, as the remote connects to the PC by a 2,4GHz connection and not IR.
As I said, the remote works without any issues, when Kodi is closed.

I also think there is something wrong with the drivers, so I already wiped all input device drivers in Windows device manager, but unfortunately that didn't fix it.

Are there possibly any input settings in Kodi, that could be reset by deleting XMLs or something like that, to fix this issue?

Thanks again!
Well, plugging the remotes USB dongle into a different port seems to have fixed it. It's still strange, that the issues was only present, when Kodi was running.

Anyways, thanks for helping!
Quote:plugging the remotes USB dongle into a different port seems to have fixed it

Indicates driver being re-established on a different port would mean the first port has settings of a different device.

Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote suddenly stopped working properly0