Req Kodi/Puls Eight VS Windows 10 PC with LG OLED B7V - powercontrol/hibernation hints
Hey guys,
I am using a Lenovo P350 Tiny Workstation with i11th Gen i7 connected to a LG OLED B7V via HDMI (Pulse Eight Connector, Firmware 4, newest libre codec pack)
My goal is to save money by achieving a convenient way of turning on/off the pc with my remote.

What I have measured:
PC in idle using high performance power mode with logged in user and kodi app open sitting in menues uses about 17 Watts. About 35W when watching 4K HDR content. PC without Kodi app running uses about 10 Watts (Windows 10 performance mode).

Question:
Can I get the pc in a hibernate state right out of kodi when I either switch the source away from that particular HDMI port or when I do not use the pc for some time? Or even with a specific button on the remote?
When I try to turn on the power saver mode in Windows so that the cpu clocks go down and it should hibernate after 15 minutes when idling I somehow always get messages in the top right corner from the TV saying: "HTPC (Source) available" when I am using a different source - this is really annoying because it pop up like every other minute.

I have been using the pulse eight adapter for years way back in the xbmc days on OPENelec and it worked like a charm. Back then on a Samsung TV I was able to wake and hibernate the media center with the push of a button.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi/Puls Eight VS Windows 10 PC with LG OLED B7V - powercontrol/hibernation hints0