Refresh a plugin listing
Hello,
I'm currently write a plugin and I want to add/remove items by context menu actions.
So I call actions with
Code:
item.addContextMenuItems( [ ("foo", "XBMC.RunPlugin(...)") ] )

but once action is done, how to update listing ?
I've tried
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.RunPlugin(%s)"%sys.argv[0])
But it's not work (apparently, Python is launched and crashes when it fills list : nothing changes at screen)

My config : XBMC rev 15340 (Sep 2 2008) on Ubuntu 8.10
Any way you could post your full code? I have an idea but need to see how you've written everything else first....
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Sure,
this is an emulator frontend. I'll try to post correct snippets because code is pretty huge and I've coded it with MVC pattern : just controllers (ie core instructions) are interesting here.

Context menu items are added this way (here for delete a platform):
Code:
# add menu options
            item.addContextMenuItems([
                (misc.locale(117),   "XBMC.RunPlugin(%s?platform=del:%s)"%(sys.argv[0], pf["platformId"]))
            ])
As you can see it restarts the plugin with different arguments that are parsed by generic controller constructor :
Code:
## Base class for controllers
class BaseController:
    ## Universal URI pattern
    URI_PATTERN = "^\?%s=(.*)$"

## Create common controller utils
    # @param  action  action type (platform, game, rom, run)
    def __init__(self, action):
        self.db = model.DataBase(DB_FILE)
        self.action = action
        self.uri = self._parseURI(sys.argv[2])

xbmcplugin.setContent(int(sys.argv[1]), 'files')  # <-- May cause a problem ???

print "Action : "+self.action+" ; Arguments : "+str(self.uri)
I don't if it matters but "xbmcplugin.setContent(int(sys.argv[1]), 'files')" is executed all times (even for actions that doesn't display anything).

And platforms controller :
Code:
class Main(BaseController):
    ## Make platform list window
    def __init__(self):
        BaseController.__init__(self, "platform")

if self.uri is None:
            self._fillList() # fills platforms list
        elif self.uri[0] == "del":  # <-- this condition is True for deleting
            self._delete(self.uri[1])
        else:
        self._close() #just close DB properly

Finally following method is called (still for deleting):
Code:
## Ask user confirmation and delete given platform
    # @param  id  platform ID
    def _delete(self, id):
        name = self.db.getPlatformData(id)["name"]
        if misc.dlg.yesno(misc.locale(750), misc.locale(30229)%name, misc.locale(30230)):
            self.db.delPlatform(id)

Then a final cleanup instruction
Code:
sys.modules.clear()
Fails each times ! (I don't know if it's normal or not)
Didn't really show me what I was looking for, I needed how your directory items are actually listed. Anyways, my idea is this: there is a currently undocumented function xbmcplugin.disableCache(handle). You can see the docs for it here: http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/14439

I haven't actually used it yet, so no idea if this will work, but you can try it out.

Disable the cache on your plugin, then go into a directory that calls a fake function. This should in theory force xbmc to return to the previous directory & repopulate it.

Hope that makes sense?

Either way I'm looking forward the new emulator plugin!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Thanks for answer but disableCache doesn't exists anymore : it's replaced by cacheToDisc parameter on xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory and there's no change Huh

And items are added this way :
Code:
## fills lists with each found platform.
    def _fillList(self):
        # lists all platforms
        ok = True
        fav = misc.getBoolSetting("favonly")  # get favourites status
        for pf in self.db.getPlatformList():
            print pf["name"]
            uri = "%s?game=%s:%s"%(sys.argv[0], pf["platformId"], FAVOURITE[fav])
            item = xbmcgui.ListItem(pf["name"])
            setThumbnail(item, pf["icon"])

# add menu options
            item.addContextMenuItems([
                (misc.locale(misc.iif(fav, 30016, 30017)), "XBMC.RunPlugin(%s?game=%s:%s)"%(sys.argv[0], pf["platformId"], FAVOURITE[fav])),
                (misc.locale(1026),  "XBMC.RunPlugin(%s?platform=addpath:%s)"%(sys.argv[0], pf["platformId"])),
                (misc.locale(30231), "XBMC.RunPlugin(%s?platform=refresh:%s)"%(sys.argv[0], pf["platformId"])),
                (misc.locale(21435), "XBMC.RunPlugin(%s?dialog=editpf:%s)"%(sys.argv[0], pf["platformId"])),
                (misc.locale(117),   "XBMC.RunPlugin(%s?platform=del:%s)"%(sys.argv[0], pf["platformId"])),
                (misc.locale(30026), "XBMC.RunPlugin(%s?dbcleanup)"%(sys.argv[0]))
            ])
            ok = xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(int(sys.argv[1]), uri, item, True)
            if not ok : break

# append addition buttons
        emu = ("%s?dialog=emu"%sys.argv[0], xbmcgui.ListItem(misc.locale(30202), thumbnailImage=ADD_ICON))
        newpf = ("%s?dialog=newpf"%sys.argv[0], xbmcgui.ListItem(misc.locale(30212), thumbnailImage=ADD_ICON))
        ok = ok and \
             xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(int(sys.argv[1]), emu[0], newemu[1], False) and \
             xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(int(sys.argv[1]), newpf[0],  newpf[1],  False)

xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(handle=int(sys.argv[1]), sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_LABEL)
        xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(int(sys.argv[1]), ok, cacheToDisc=False)
Quote:Thanks for answer but disableCache doesn't exists anymore : it's replaced by cacheToDisc parameter on xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory and there's no change

Right you are...

Have you tried simply adding rerunning the plugin after _delete, giving arguments to put the user back where he was?

Not sure what else to try if that doesn't work...
Maybe post a feature request on trac for xbmcplugin.refreshDirectoryItems() or something like that...

Still not working : items adding still fails xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem() returns False when I try re reload list.

I've noticed that "directory handle" is -1 and after lots of searches, I still not understand what exactly is that handle Huh may be it's the problem source ?
Try just calling "Refresh" as a builtin perhaps?

I don't have the actual format in front of me - you can find all builtins listed in CUtil::ExecBuiltIn() (xbmc/Util.cpp)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Fantastic ! It works ! Thank you.
The correct call is :
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("Container.Refresh")
after an action.
Glad you got it working

Guess we should start using the appropriate .cpp files instead of the docs.

Glad you got it working Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

In an effort to answer the emails and search patterns requesting active plugin currently in use on 5ThirtyOne, I’ve widdled through the plugins page deciding which ones I relied on most. I realized that quite a number of plugins were activated, yet unused. So I thank readers for their inquiries which prompted me to do a little Spring cleaning and sharing.
Bloggers always say that the content is what drives a blog into “stardom”. While completely true, there are some aspects of blogging which are often overlooked or receive very little attention.

---------------
Aniecruz

sneezer
Is it possible to delete an item from the container directly?
Retired from Add-on dev

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh a plugin listing0