Want to develop a small XBMC PC Remote program...
...in visual basic, since i'd much prefer the choice of having a tiny previous, next, pause, stop and play buttom always on top on my pc screen to control xbmc instead of having to load the web interface up in my browser, especially since opera seems to have a few issues with it. it'd also be cool to have a media player like interface on my pc to control xbmc.

i'd be using an ie activex object to send controlling urls, as well as to open a playlist/navigation window, but here's my question; the urls for play, pause, stop, next and previous are all simple urls, and easily loaded, but what should i do about the urls for displaying the navigation interface and playlists? these link to blank urls (hashes), which link to javascript,which links to the frame code, and then i get lost :| any ideas?

another question; is there any way to remotely get the 'currently playing' song from xbmc? the one in the status bar in the web interface doesn't seem to work yet, so no clues here, plus i can't read the xbox source, since i are illiterate in that respect Wink

many thanks in advance Smile
rohaq
sorry for the bump, but no replies? does no-one here have the knowledge? Smile
rohaq
uhm... well, all i can say is i got lost there too once while trying to make it work in mozilla firefox...
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Quote:but what should i do about the urls for displaying the navigation interface and playlists? these link to blank urls (hashes), which link to javascript,which links to the frame code, and then i get lost :| any ideas?
first you have to use this url to let xbmc know what you want to browse
Quote:/xbmccmds/xbmcform?command=navigate&parameter=videos
then you should have a look at xbmc-center.asp where the asp code starts to list all the items (in this case all items in the root of the video share), this is around line 284.
most important are these line
Quote:nitems = xbmccommand("catalog","items");
item = xbmccommand("catalog","first");
for (z=0; z<nitems; z=z+1)
{
 write(item);
 item = xbmccommand("catalog","next");
}
this piece of code will display all items in the video root.
to access or play one of these file you have to use the next line
Quote:/xbmccmds/xbmcform?command=catalog&parameter=select,z
where z is items position to play. xbmc will see for it's self if it's a file to play or if it's another directory it should access. in that case you should use the above code the get all the items from that directory again.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

rohaq,

you could have a look at my xbmc patch and demo vb client. it does pretty much what you are after.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581840

nad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want to develop a small XBMC PC Remote program...0