Embedded FLAC Cue Sheet Support?
Quote:If you could attach a (small) sample FLAC file that would be an advantage

Hi,

I attached a example with an flac and a ogg (4,5Mb) file. Maybe it helps to bring that feature in.

http://ul.to/cka1jih1

Thanks in advance Big Grin
Good day everybody!

HeresJohnny Wrote:Why would we want to do that if the purpose is to get rid of cuesheets in the first place? This is not the "I-have-a-problem-forum", but the "I'd-like-more-features" forum.

I just registered with xbmc.org (I've been lurking around before...) as I felt compelled to express my agreement with this post.

I would like to add my voice to the other's requesting embedded cuesheet support for FLAC and other lossless audio formats (personally I very much prefer WavPack).

IMHO a one-file-per-CD format with the accompanying cuesheet is the only practical container that allows me to have a perfect copy of my original CDs.

Embedding the cuesheet in the audio file metadata (toghether with other material, like e.g. album art) makes much sense as it is the only way to keep all the relevant stuff together.

To the campaigners of the one-file-per-track method, I would like to ask how do they cope with HTOAs in the first track pregap...

Cheers!

smz

Edit: I forgot to mention that having the cuesheet embedded with the audio files automagically resolves the issue of having the content duplicated in my library: 1 entry for the audio file + n entries for the "virtual" tracks
I'm in the one-file-per-CD camp, too. All of my music is stored this way, FLAC with embedded cuesheet and embedded cover art. Because of that I am going to work on support for that in the near future - stay tuned!
ciao, Dani

AMD Fusion E-350/Win 8/custom XBMC, Yamaha RX-V1900, Pioneer DV-LX50, custom speakers
WOW, Daniela, these are really good news! Smile

I hope you will not forget about us, WavPack lovers...

Thanks, and have a nice day!

Ciao!

smz
This has been done by MadMax and a Pull Request created: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/720

There's an old post here about splitting Flacs with a cue sheet - try Medieval Cue Splitter - works a treat. Big Grin
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
@DanielaE, there's a small glitch bug when we use external cuesheet, if I trac it, can I assign it to you ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sure!
ciao, Dani

AMD Fusion E-350/Win 8/custom XBMC, Yamaha RX-V1900, Pioneer DV-LX50, custom speakers
May I humbly ask what the status is? In the latest nightlies my flacs with embedded cuesheets are still not scraped, but I would have thought that after MadMax's pull request was closed this would work. :confused:
Any news on this? I would hate for it to miss the next merge window
Another vote for this, this is how I store all my music.

If tagged properly, you still get metadata for all the individual tracks from the VORBIS comments.

My tags are something like:

ALBUM=Album Title
ARTIST=Album Artist
TRACKNUMBER[1]=1
TITLE[1]=Track 1 title
TRACKNUMBER[2]=2

etc.

You can also handle multi-disc sets using a DISCNUMBER tag.

Works fine.

Andy
There seems to be a pull request here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/982

Could a kind soul check if this needs any more work or if it could be considered for post-Frodo? Thanks!
*Bump*
(2011-03-20, 23:53)jmarshall Wrote:
Quote:but an image file is still the best way to copy a CD without having to care about the gaps

If you want to copy a CD for burning, perhaps. Who does that anymore? If you're copying it for playback, then it is completely unnecessary, and as you can see, is not supported in many players. No metadata per track is a really crappy way to go.

And no, I didn't get to the trac ticket, so it's not in trunk. Whether it will end up there or not depends on someone having the time to look at it. At the moment I have too many other things on my plate. If someone would grab the current patch, rebase on master and do a pull request then it would have a much higher chance of going in.

Cheers,
Jonathan

It is not at all unnecessary, put on a set of headphones and play back dark side of the moon after it is split into tracks or any other album with tracks that blend into the next one without gaps and you will see right there why it is better to rip those albums as a single file, that is unless you dont find audible glitches at the point where the one track ends and the next begins irritating.
Aside from that a single image rip is the most accurate way to archive a CD album, after all that is what it is. An album on CD is an album, very often created by the artist with the intention the listener treates it as a continuous audio experience. It is not always intended to be a collection of unrelated single audio tracks.
I am looking to rip my music to flac with cue sheets, and a test showed an issue:

When viewing the album in XBMC through the music-files menu, all tracks are displayed, but when scanned to the library, only the last track in the cue sheet is added. I am using Gotham alpha 3, and I tried both EAC and CueTools to create the cue sheet with the same result. Is this a known issue (with Gotham maybe?) and/or am I doing something wrong?
(2013-05-31, 21:23)Manic D Wrote: I am looking to rip my music to flac with cue sheets, and a test showed an issue:

When viewing the album in XBMC through the music-files menu, all tracks are displayed, but when scanned to the library, only the last track in the cue sheet is added. I am using Gotham alpha 3, and I tried both EAC and CueTools to create the cue sheet with the same result. Is this a known issue (with Gotham maybe?) and/or am I doing something wrong?

I've been looking around for a solution for this for the last 2 weeks as well. I've got exactly the same behavior here, except that it is using only the First track of the cue sheet for me. In "File mode", all of the tracks are visible, so it reads the cue file without any problem. But in Library mode it will only show the first track. I'm encountering this on the latest nightly Gotham release XBMC-20130529-e1aaba0-master. I've recently had to wipe my old 12.0 xbmc music database due to a crashed MySQL installation. It looks like all of the Artists from the Cue file are there, for compilations with multiple artists, I see all Artists appearing.

I've tried this with Flac + Cue and Flac with embedded Cue, but there's no difference as far as i can see. Also, i tried scraping with all 4 different scrapers for audio, but it did not change anything. Scraping with "local information only" also didn't help to solve this.

On the latest raspbmc install (build: Raspbmc 12.2 GIT 20130502-32b1a5e) it works as expected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Embedded FLAC Cue Sheet Support?1