Kodi Database on Brand new Qnap with MariaDB
Update: Good news is my movies and shows populated by set content operation in Kodi and I verified the database contains the entries.

Bad news the watchedstate didn't carryover on a great deal of entries. Thankfully, I had the Add-on WatchedList running and it marking the nfo files now. Very slow. Hope that is not a sign of how the MariaDB will operate.
Well, that was quite a ride as well as a learning experience. Good to see things are working (kinda?) now.

About speed, the speed of the scraping/populating into the video database has taken a hit the last couple of years for various reason, but better have it done properly than with errors. Exporting & importing the watched and resume states of videos using the nfo files needs to be enabled beforehand via the advancedsettings.xml file. Which you can still do now. It can work alongside to the WatchedList add-on. I have no idea how the Watchedlist add-on itself works, it's probably a background process, so it may take its time.

Once that's ready, then you will experience normal behavior of your NAS. In my experience, a database server running on a HDD-based machine will still be a little slower than when run on a SSD for obvious reasons. Even when run on a 'slow' Raspberry Pi3. Access times on a SSD are key. But let the NAS do its thing for now. One last thing to look at would be a regular backup of the database itself via PHPMyAdmin. But that's for another moment.
Thank you for All your help. You kept me from giving up. 

Once the watchedstate was reset by the Kodi add-on, it runs pretty well. My Windows PC refreshes in a second or less. The Android TV maybe a couple seconds or so. My PC is a pretty decent workstation so that might account for a bit of the better performance. Sure is sweet making a change on one and seeing it on the other!

My next move is to figure out and move the WatchedState from Sql to this new MariaDB. Rome was not built in a day.

I do have to decide if I opt to put another 4TB Red NAS drive in this Qnap; or go for an SSD 1TB drive to see if the performance reduces even those few seconds. Is it worth the instant gratification! 

Again, thank you, your help and encouragement was great. I hope to document this in the near future, but for now, I trust this thread will help others like myself.
Code:
[mysqld]
optimizer_search_depth = 1
skip-name-resolve
innodb_adaptive_hash_index = off
bind-address            = 0.0.0.0
sort_buffer_size = 16M

If your mariadb conf file doesn't look similar to this then it won't work. I think the bind-address can also be the ip of your nas but I'm not sure. I'm to lazy and leave it open as it's well firewalled. Unless I'm just an idiot you didn't really confirm or deny the # mark so I don't know what that meant.

*EDIT* didn't realize multiple pages and solved. fail to me.
Hi guys,
i read this post and others but i am really confused.

I have a Professional Qnap at 12 bay.
I would to do a setup with a db on nas syncronized with all app Kodi on tv and smartphone. All kodi sync 100%.

It's difficult to me follow this guide.
Do you have a video tutorial on YouTube?
Please can help me?
I have more then 50TB of Series tv and films, ready for to do scrape with tvdb. All is ready.
I will send you video on YouTube when i can do it.

Thanks to all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Database on Brand new Qnap with MariaDB0