Is pvr.hts resolving symlinks to recordings on start?
I am using TVH 4.3-1857~g221c29b40 on a RPi with Raspbian Buster. My recordings are first stored on a local HDD and, as soon as TVH is idle, they are moved to a NAS and replaced with a local symlink. The NAS is mounted by a systemd automount unit and a corresponding WOL script, so that it is only awakened on access.

When TVH starts, all symlinks are stat'ed. If the NAS is up the symlinks are interpreted as valid recordings, if not they are interpreted as deleted or missing recordings. Either way the NAS is not awakened by the stat commands. My aim is that the NAS is only awakened for playback and the aforementioned moving.

However, when the pvr.hts addon is started, it seems like the symlinks are resolved, the actual files on the NAS are accessed and thus the NAS is awakened. Is this correct? Is there a way to avoid this access on addon start?
On startup pvr.hts requested the list of recordings from TVH. There is no way to prevent that. No idea what exactly TVH is doing when it is asked for the available recordings. Sounds like it resolves the links and awakes your NAS.
Thanks for the clarification, ksooo. Maybe it's better to move my recordings out of reach for TVH and have Jellyfin present them to Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is pvr.hts resolving symlinks to recordings on start?0