Replacement Maintenance Tool Add-on
Just made the leap from Krypton 17.6 to Matrix 19.4. I'm on a windows 10 Machine.
Is there a replacement add-on for Xunity Maintenance Tool?
I used it to keep the Database cleaned up.
Any suggestions?
(2022-08-12, 04:12)Skeauxsha Wrote: Xunity Maintenance Tool?
That is banned here.

As for an alternative, what in particular are you trying to clean?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Good Day Karellen,
Usually to clean-up the Video Database.  I'd rather use KODI approved add-ons.
I don't stream. 100% of my use is for a movie & TV collection.
Hope that helps.
(2022-08-12, 21:42)Skeauxsha Wrote: Usually to clean-up the Video Database.  I'd rather use KODI approved add-ons.
The databases are pretty resilient and self cleaning except for paths. So unless you have millions of entries you don't really need much more than the occasional "Clean Library" in Kodi's settings pages.
Caches are self cleaning. Packages are self cleaning and should actually remain as a backup to your installed addon.

Looking at the other options, I feel they are more of a placebo than anything else. Makes you feel better because you have selected that option.

Sorry I cannot recommend one as I don't think one is needed.

If you can be a bit more specific on what your requirements are, maybe I can help. If its just a matter of feeling like you have done the right thing, I wouldn't worry about it. I have a medium sized library - 6000 episodes, 150+tv shows, 700+ movies, LiveTV with all its caches and recordings, Music of 2500+ songs. My existing library has been in use since v19 was released and apart from the occasional Clean Library, no "maintenance" has been needed.

The only "would be nice to have" item is cleaning the thumbnail cache, because if you add and delete a lot, you get a build up of orphaned thumbs. But if I am reading that Xunity tool correctly, it is not deleting orphan thumbs, it is deleting anything that has no view count and no access date, which is different to targeting orphaned thumbs only.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Good Day Karellen,

Really all I used the Add-On for was addition and deletion clean up.
Like yourself it's a medium sized library 3000+ Movies  5000+ episodes of TV Shows.

Thank you for the reply, and the wisdom as always. 
(Many moons ago you helped me solve my naming convection woes)

Don't laugh, but I don't think I've ever used the "Clean Library" selection under settings.
Not even when KODI was XBMC. I got "Brain-washed" waaaaaay back then into thinking it was better to go the Add-On route.
((( You gotta be thinking: "Tsk, tsk, tsk, will this rookie never learn?")))  lol
Anyway, it's way past time to give "Clean Library" a go, and be done with the Add-On thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacement Maintenance Tool Add-on0