Fanart on TV Wall
I've been thinking about this for a while as quite a few people have issues with the tv test card image on the defaut TV background image (I personally quite like it) so have thought about it a bit and decided to try something.

If a TV show has fanart then why not try and cover up that part of the image with a rotated/shrunken verison of the fanarft image. Been playing about with it a bit today and have come up with the following:

What do people think?
I don't mind that, but I really wish the main content didn't cover up so much of the fanart image. On some fanart you miss a lot of the image behidn the 'black bar'
very slick, i love it. keep up the great work.

so when will it be implemented? Big Grin
What does it look like applied to the screen only instead of the wall?
Hitcher Wrote:What does it look like applied to the screen only instead of the wall?

You can already do that in v0.90 by enabling the Show Fanart in TV Show List option?

Doh! I get you, not your screen, the screen in the image right? Doesn't look good as it's very hard to get a rotation that fits the angles of that screen and also that area is not suitable for a widescreen image
Sorry if I wasn't clear but I meant the projector screen.
Like this -

Can XBMC distort images like that?
Yes, if you get the angle and perspective right. It's tricky though!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I also love the existing one (remember seeing it years ago when the TV stopped at night Laugh)

But that new thing is very cool Big Grin, especially if it could be done similar to Hitchers pic.
If you go with it, and proves popular would you consider adopting something similar in the other views?

Nice!

Shorty
I think Hitcher might have a winner. Would deffinately kill the memory issue.
I like Hitchers example, looks nice! Wink
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
looks great, I love it. It's great to see the community responding to the skin and coming up with ideas we never thought of!
Been doing a bit more playing about to try and get it to fit the projector screen and basically got to the stage I was at yesterday where it doesn't quite fit (this is why I decided to place it across the wall instead).

It's nearly there but I can only (so far anyway!) get it to match up on 3 corners of that projector screen:

Based on the feedback so far most people would prefer to see it within the projector screen (rather than the wall) so if the above is what it will be for now (I'll come back to it later and see if I can crack getting all 4 corners to match!)
Ok so which corner won't match up, because i can't tell Huh

Yep, that's awesome!

Shorty

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart on TV Wall0